PDA

View Full Version : modem broken

ry4nmc
13-02-2007, 16:14
My girlfriend dropped a cup of tea ontop of my bloody modem, when I turn it on all the lights light up on it, if I remove the white cable only the ready light stays on... do you think it will dry out? :erm:

edit **

The power light is now on and also the enet. The sync light is just flashing :s

MovedGoalPosts
13-02-2007, 17:26
It may dry out, but if the tea had sugar in it you can virtually guarantee the stickiness will have wrecked it. Don't power it up until you are sure it it totally dry.

Bottom line it's a call to faults and be prepared to fork out for the replacement (do you have accidental damage cover on contents insurance?). Alternatively be economic with the truth and see if the engineer when they turn up work's out why it's got gooey residue inside it ;)

ry4nmc
13-02-2007, 18:57
It may dry out, but if the tea had sugar in it you can virtually guarantee the stickiness will have wrecked it. Don't power it up until you are sure it it totally dry.

Bottom line it's a call to faults and be prepared to fork out for the replacement (do you have accidental damage cover on contents insurance?). Alternatively be economic with the truth and see if the engineer when they turn up work's out why it's got gooey residue inside it ;)

Back online! Luckly she doesn't take sugar so it must of dried out :D It's working perfectly now =D

Thanks for the reply =)