PDA

View Full Version : broadband v+

stawesthebest96
11-02-2007, 11:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I know broadband can not be received for v+ box. i currently have broadband and a samsung box which can receive broadband. but I'm crap with computers and can not instill broadband again when i get v+ so can i ask the engineer to install broadband for me? at the same time as v+
Thank you

honny
11-02-2007, 13:00
the engineer will not install bb usually unless u have a quiet word with him on the side ;)
otherwise to get someone out to install bb it would cost you £25.00. (ring the tec support line they are pretty good and will usually help you install it over the phone anyway):)

ewan.paton
14-02-2007, 17:23
if you are really bad with computers i would sudgest you ring tech support and tell them to register your mac address to your account, they will do it over the phone and all you need to do is plug a network cable into you pc and modem, bingo that simple

Stephen
14-02-2007, 17:30
If your PC has ethernet then its really just a case of plugging the modem in to the PC. You don't need to set it up again really.

castlekeep
19-02-2007, 14:28
if you are really bad with computers i would sudgest you ring tech support and tell them to register your mac address to your account, they will do it over the phone and all you need to do is plug a network cable into you pc and modem, bingo that simple

Hi Ewan,

My Setup is the same, A Samsung STB for TV and Broadband.
I'm just about to change over to the VIP package and therefore will use a SACM for the broadband.
I was under the impression that I will need to go through the autoreg page to register the Modem ?
So, if I phoned up CS with the SACM MAC address they would set this up so I would not have to go through the autoreg route ?

Thanks for any guidence.

savvychels
19-02-2007, 20:48
I just swapped from STB broadband to SACM broadband. Used the install disc they supplied and was off and running. Not much to it aside from plugging the comptuer into the modem (with the same cable that had been in the STB) and then running the install programme. Then I phoned tech support to ensure that they migrated my existing NTL email accounts over to the new service.

Stephen
20-02-2007, 00:29
I just swapped from STB broadband to SACM broadband. Used the install disc they supplied and was off and running. Not much to it aside from plugging the comptuer into the modem (with the same cable that had been in the STB) and then running the install programme. Then I phoned tech support to ensure that they migrated my existing NTL email accounts over to the new service.Your service isn't any different it was just the delivery method that has changed. All your email accounts stay the same and if it was the same cable you had in the STB you didn't need to run the install CD.