PDA

View Full Version : 10mb

HH4
10-02-2007, 22:53
I upgraded before on December to 10MB and did not want to pay the extra 10 £ phoned up virgin media (ntl) to downgrade the cs block told me i was on 4mb because i was paing only 25£ i told him i was on 10 MB he said oh yes but you are being charged only 25£ and he downgraded me on 4 MB that i was paing Just lost 6MB lol should have cheeked my bank statement first

Zee
10-02-2007, 22:58
Well phone back and say you were given a special offer by ntl, and you phoned to check something and now you've been downgraded to 4Mbps

Exorcist74
10-02-2007, 23:48
Well phone back and say you were given a special offer by ntl, and you phoned to check something and now you've been downgraded to 4Mbps

Its a pity they dont preach what they say, quote' download as much as u want' yeh right....

Zee
10-02-2007, 23:51
Its a pity they dont preach what they say, quote' download as much as u want' yeh right....

Why, have they contacted you regarding your usage? how much do you use per month?

are you on Virgin Media cable or Virgin Media ADSL

Last month i used 105GB (More then i've ever used in 1 month) they didn't say anything.

Hugh
11-02-2007, 10:58

To be fair, you can, quote "download as much as you want"; they slow the speed of the download down, but the amount you can download is still unlimited. ;)

Zee
11-02-2007, 11:24
To be fair, you can, quote "download as much as you want"; they slow the speed of the download down, but the amount you can download is still unlimited. ;)

that happens in hardly any areas...

... i don't get shaped at all so depends where you live

Hugh
11-02-2007, 11:26
that happens in hardly any areas...

... i don't get shaped at all so depends where you live

and how much you download.......

Zee
11-02-2007, 11:27
and how much you download.......

Last month, Jan i downloaded and uploaded in total 105GB according to Bandwidth Monitor Pro

Hugh
11-02-2007, 11:29
Last month, Jan i downloaded and uploaded in total 105GB according to Bandwidth Monitor Pro

Approx 3gb a day - some of the posts on other threads use examples of speed halving after 2gb, running on half-speed for two hours, then going back to full speed (repeat as necessary).

I would surmise those people are downloading more than 3gb a day ;)

Zee
11-02-2007, 11:40
Approx 3gb a day - some of the posts on other threads use examples of speed halving after 2gb, running on half-speed for two hours, then going back to full speed (repeat as necessary).

I would surmise those people are downloading more than 3gb a day ;)

Well there was a news story that ntl & Telewest were only shaping in some areas so that could still be the case, OR it could be what you're saying, maybe i'm not downloading and uploading enough? lol

i thought i used a lot last month, for all the other months i have downloaded and uploaded between 15-25GB, only last month i did a lot more

Rik
11-02-2007, 12:00
Well there was a news story that ntl & Telewest were only shaping in some areas so that could still be the case, OR it could be what you're saying, maybe i'm not downloading and uploading enough? lol

i thought i used a lot last month, for all the other months i have downloaded and uploaded between 15-25GB, only last month i did a lot more

I reckon the traffic shaping is only implemented in areas where there is heavy network congestion and problems.

I may be wrong but I download a lot more than some folk do and there is no traffic shaping in my area for anyone as far as I know.

Nikesh
11-02-2007, 13:36
No traffic shaping here....yet.... ;)

Zee
11-02-2007, 14:05
Not too long ago, my UBR was suffering from overload which caused such a downgraded service for s some, all is fixed now though.