PDA

View Full Version : Slow news service since my ip changed??

tlcnick
10-02-2007, 14:23
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on something for me, up until last week i always had the ip 82.37.9.169, this ip was great and on a 4 meg connection i was happily downloading from blueyonders news groups at a speed of 480 - 500 Kbps,

I upgraded my router and got an ip starting 66 since this my download speeds rarely get above 400Kbps.

Any ideas??

Locky
10-02-2007, 18:18
i current geting 60 kb/s from newsdemon on 10 meg (512kbps) virgin media are shapeing usenet like crazy

TraxData
10-02-2007, 18:24
i current geting 60 kb/s from newsdemon on 10 meg (512kbps) virgin media are shapeing usenet like crazy

Not here, constant 1.2mb/s

Locky
10-02-2007, 18:34
Not here, constant 1.2mb/s

damn ima get on the phone about this

tlcnick
10-02-2007, 20:46
I have a sneaky suspssion that ip's with 66 are ntl server and 82 are blueyonder, need to get my 82 address back what a b*ll ache.

Illuminist
10-02-2007, 23:00
Change your MAC address, mate. Works everytime. ...But that's within an optimum, correctly cable area, though. i.e a DHCP server working properley :D

http://www.gorlani.com/publicprj/macmakeup/macmakeup.asp - Does exactly what it says on the tin.

It'll cut your connection then when it fails to connect to the DHCP server you simply take your modem out for 5 mins (You can leave it out for just 20 seconds.) then plug it back in and then you have a new I.P.

...I still have full speed on UseNet Locky, Mate.

The one thing I do very much appreciate about my time with NTL is that they still only lease me an I.P. number for Two days, anyway.

Locky
10-02-2007, 23:05
Change your MAC address, mate. Works everytime. ...But that's within an optimum, correctly cable area, though. i.e a DHCP server working properley :D

http://www.gorlani.com/publicprj/macmakeup/macmakeup.asp - Does exactly what it says on the tin.

It'll cut your connection then when it fails to connect to the DHCP server you simply take your modem out for 5 mins (You can leave it out for just 20 seconds.) then plug it back in and then you have a new I.P.

...I still have full speed on UseNet Locky, Mate.

The one thing I do very much appreciate about my time with NTL is that they still only lease me an I.P. number for Two days, anyway.

ima trya that thanks a lot :)

Illuminist
10-02-2007, 23:10
:)

...I'll clarify the use of it if anyone finds it dodgy... open the program click ''generate random'' then ''completely random'' then click ''change''. It shuts down your ethernet and then brings it back up. It Won't connect to the DHCP server so all you need to do is then refresh the modem.