PDA

View Full Version : Network shaping, what times is it on and off?

|Kippa|
10-02-2007, 11:09
I find that network shaping is on various times at night and day, but can't figure out the precise times that it is on. Does anyone know the official times that it is switched on and when it is switched off?

I don't download huge ammounts of stuff but still would like to know when it is on so if I did have one big download session that I would know when it is on and make the most of the 10mbit connection.

Bill C
10-02-2007, 11:42
I find that network shaping is on various times at night and day, but can't figure out the precise times that it is on. Does anyone know the official times that it is switched on and when it is switched off?

I don't download huge ammounts of stuff but still would like to know when it is on so if I did have one big download session that I would know when it is on and make the most of the 10mbit connection.

Not official however i am very very confident that its on from 4.00pm till Midnight. In those areas that it is used in.

AndyIggs83
10-02-2007, 18:39
It seems like its around 4pm until 12pm or just before (11.30)

2GB transfer then the connction is limited to half speed for around 2 hours

Bill C
10-02-2007, 18:42
It seems like its around 4pm until 12pm or just before (11.30)

2GB transfer then the connction is limited to half speed for around 2 hours

Indeed :tu:

Exorcist74
10-02-2007, 22:55

Network Shaping is another word for CAPPING.... there words,4mb is UNCAPPED:mad: so who is breaking the contract!

Zee
10-02-2007, 22:57
I don't get shaped, i'm on the 10Mbps package, get perfect speeds from torrenting whenever i use it.

Hugh
11-02-2007, 14:16
Network Shaping is another word for CAPPING.... there words,4mb is UNCAPPED:mad: so who is breaking the contract!

Exorcist74, can't find anywhere where it says "uncapped" - it says "unlimited downloads", which is completely different; shaping is allowing unlimited downloads, just at a lower speed, for those who are seen to be affecting other users - completely different.

Traffic shaping, is an attempt to control computer network traffic in order to optimize or guarantee performance, low latency, and/or bandwidth. Traffic shaping deals with concepts of classification, queue disciplines, enforcing policies, congestion management, quality of service (QoS), and fairness.

|Kippa|
11-02-2007, 14:46
I know that it comes into effect from 4pm to 12pm but I have noticed that the traffic shaping comes into effect around 6am on my connection. So if it is 4pm to 12pm then 6am till when?

Rik
11-02-2007, 15:04
Off 24/7 here ;)

No doubt it will arrive one day tho ;)

Rone
11-02-2007, 18:02
Off 24/7 here ;)

No doubt it will arrive one day tho ;)

That you can put money on, and i bet it arrives quicker than i get my 20meg trial back. ;)