PDA

View Full Version : New customer questions

Otacon
08-02-2007, 12:10
High guys, ordered NTL 2 for £20 last week (well, Virgin 2 for 20 now!) - TV and broadband and I have a couple of questions :)

Firstly, what equipment will I actually be getting? Just the one box or one each - TV and a modem? And secondly, should I expect anything to happen to my install date now that the company has merged? We've had very little through the post from the (direct debit confirmation, that's it), and I had to phone up 2 days after I ordered to get my install date (told the thirteenth), but have had nothing in writing to confirm it.

Should I be worried?

Cheers :)

MovedGoalPosts
08-02-2007, 12:15
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

If they've given you an installation date over the phone, that should be when it will occur. It's the ordering via the web that seems to drop into the ocassional black hole, so a CS person telling you the date suggests it is properly in the system.

As for what you should get, I'd expect two separate boxes, the cable modem and TV Set Top Box. Each can be located as you require within the house, provided there is a reasonably accessible route for the cable. Bear in mind they will need to run a cable from the street to your house, there should be a little termination point in the public pavement, whcih may dictate the route of this external cable to be buried in your garden.

Otacon
08-02-2007, 12:21
That's really helpful, thanks for the info :)