PDA

View Full Version : Broadband via 2nd box?

robburne
08-02-2007, 11:51
Hi,

I have broadband via my setbox in an upstairs bedroom (an old black Pace box). All works well from this box.

I have a 2nd box in my living room - A new Samsung silver box. However I cannot get my broadband connection to work from this box. I have tried installing with the NTL CD, resetting both laptop and set top box but I cannot get conected. The IP is picked up (169.x.x.x) but it always reads as limited or no connectivity.

Is it possible to get broadband through the two boxes or do NTL have to switch/configure something first?

Many thnaks,

Rob.

Paul K
08-02-2007, 12:16
You won't be able to, the BB is only enable to the box it is being used for. To get it working on the other box you would either need to get NTL to disable the other box BB connection and re-enable your second box for BB or pay for the connection to be active on 2 seperate boxes.

robburne
08-02-2007, 15:46
Thanks for the reply, that makes sense now.

One other question, if I unplug my laptop then reconnect it when I try to go online my ip revert to 10.x.x.x and I have to go through the NTL registration, reboot laptop and STB and even then once done I still have a 10.x.x.x IP. I have to keep release/renewing the IP via command prompt and eventually I get an 81.x.x.x IP and connection.

Any ideas?

Rob.