PDA

View Full Version : LCD cleaning

nemesis01
07-02-2007, 15:03
Oki, had my new widescreen LCD monitor for a couple of weeks now, got a mark on it and wiped it off with some cloth I got with it, has now developed a slight smear on it I can't get rid of. Looking for something to do it, preferably something under a tenner, don't mind buying off Ebay if there are any links to some decent stuff that will do the job.

Cheers.

peanut
07-02-2007, 15:13
Brillo will do it well. :disturbd:

Seriously, I've used a few things on my LCDs, and I use proper wipes, you can get them from any computer store/site. I also find that the cheaper wipes can create more smears than what you had before.

andyandy
07-02-2007, 17:33
I had the same thing as you - I brought a cloth from PC World designed to clean LCDs.

It took a bit of rubbing, but now its smear free again:)

AdamD
07-02-2007, 23:30
I need to get myself some of those, i've had my LCD for about 3 years now
Only thing i've used to clean it, is a spare sock :P

lostandconfused
07-02-2007, 23:33
i used glass cleaner and some kitchen roll, probably not very good for it but did the trick

Alex 007
09-02-2007, 08:47
Hello folks!

I acquired a Sony 19" monitor & I clean it with a wide horse hairs brush, as in such way never I will push the screen protector, in any way...so not harm at all, also as such newer LCD monitors are "Statics free"...not as my older TV type screen that always was full of dust + hairs from my two dogs.:mad:

Peace,

Alex 007:Yikes:

handyman
09-02-2007, 09:29
Hello folks!

I acquired a Sony 19" monitor & I clean it with a wide horse hairs brush, as in such way never I will push the screen protector, in any way...so not harm at all, also as such newer LCD monitors are "Statics free"...not as my older TV type screen that always was full of dust + hairs from my two dogs.:mad:

Peace,

Alex 007:Yikes:

Seems very extreme! I have a very expensive Phillips widescreen tft and that gets cleaned with a baby wipe. I do normally leave the wipe out a few minutes so some of the moisture evaporates but in 3 years it has proved a very successful and cheap method. I also use it on tv's and crt monitors.

GreenBars
09-02-2007, 23:26
A sparingly damp microfibre cloth does the trick - cheap and no detergents.

Matthew
09-02-2007, 23:38
I use window cleaner and ktichen roll to clean all my screens, always brings them up well.