PDA

View Full Version : Engineer no show

pgrimwood
07-02-2007, 14:51
I recently moved into a flat with existing NTL installation. Engineer failed to arrive to reinstall as arranged this morning. Called customer services who said installation had been moved forward a week but they don't know why - and no one bothered to tell me. No one returns my calls.
Anyone have any experience getting NTL to actually turn up - I really need broadband and can do without removing the obsolete NTL cabling if I cannot get connected. Also is there a precedent for claiming compensation as I took the morning off work - lost pay/leave.
Any insight/advice appreciated

MovedGoalPosts
07-02-2007, 14:55
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Unfortunately this has been typical of ntl installs that things get re-arranged without the message getting to the customer. Ntl charge the customer if the customer isn't present for service appointments, but it doesn't seem a reciprical arrangement when ntl mess the customer around. It would only be a nominal amount though, £10. so not really compensation for time off work.

Have you now got a fixed date for the reinstall?

fireman328
07-02-2007, 15:22
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Unfortunately this has been typical of ntl installs that things get re-arranged without the message getting to the customer. Ntl charge the customer if the customer isn't present for service appointments, but it doesn't seem a reciprical arrangement when ntl mess the customer around. It would only be a nominal amount though, £10. so not really compensation for time off work.

Have you now got a fixed date for the reinstall?

Richard Branson will soon realise just what needs doing to shake up customer service and hopefully ditch the chaff and keep only the real customer orientated staff otherwise more customers will vote with their feet.
Definition of Customer Care as demonstrated by NTL, "You are a customer, we dont care" ! :td:

pgrimwood
08-02-2007, 09:39
Thanks, for the replies.
I calmed down this morning and decided to give NTL\Virgin\Whatever another chance. Phoned to get an install date and after being transferred 3 times, finally got through to someone who was, in all fairness, sympathetic and helpful.
However in the meantime I've also arranged to get BT Broadband - I need it to work and my employer pays for it.
So we shall see how this pans out. I'm still exasperated with NTL for making such a meal out of a simple task. I moved into a flat with an existing (working!) NTL service. Surely all I needed was the line re-actived (or whatever) and a STB. BT seem to understand the inconvenience an engineer visit entails by testing the line and simply posting the kit you need. Far better than losing half a days work waiting around for an engineer who might turn up if your lucky.