PDA

View Full Version : Phantom phone line

stevemc
27-01-2007, 12:19
Hello,

My NTL phoneline seems to be tapping into peoples phonecalls! Started happening a few days ago, the phone rings, i answer and basically i'm connected to someone else making a phone call! Also, when i try to phone my phone no from a mobile, the phone doesn't even ring! Im in the inverclyde area and i know there has been problems with TV, but is anyone else having problems?

I've tried phoning NTL on whoever's phoneline i'm using but it eventually ends up me sitting there listening to the NTL tech support "song" whilst on hold for 30mins. I've tried e-mail but i've had no success contacting anyone. Nitemare

Steve

MovedGoalPosts
27-01-2007, 12:49
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

You'll need to persist with the phone calls to ntl. Try one of the other fault options, if the phone line one doesn't get answered (I've had that seems to be the one that get's ignored? ). Reporting faults by email or post, just takes too long, it's not how faults are dealt with.

AdamD
27-01-2007, 12:57
I agree with what Rob said, keep calling

I don't understand why they even bother having Email as an option, of all the times I Emailed them with faults, I either never got a reply, or got told to call.

m419
12-02-2007, 00:08
Or maybe NTL should stop using sim boxes. Making calls to mobiles via sim boxes often ends up with calls getting crossed.

But if its incomming calls, then there definately is a fault.

Hugh
12-02-2007, 00:55
Or maybe NTL should stop using sim boxes. Making calls to mobiles via sim boxes often ends up with calls getting crossed.

But if its incomming calls, then there definately is a fault.

Phoning his home line from a mobile would have nothing to do with Sim Boxes, as it would have to go across PSTN/VM network to terminate at his home phone - what would be the benefit of using (if they are) a Sim box in this scenario?

m419
12-02-2007, 10:50
Yeah true