PDA

View Full Version : Wii crashing

zing_deleted
24-01-2007, 16:02
anyone had this happen? only bought it today played an hour on Red Steel then a good few undefeated rounds of boxing went onto the bowling finished round 10 and the system just locked up. Have others had lock ups and the system remain ok or could I have a dud?

kronas
24-01-2007, 16:04
checked ventalation areas ? where is it located ? any electrical devices around ? on a cloth or carpet area ?

zing_deleted
24-01-2007, 16:05
its high and dry and in the open

kronas
24-01-2007, 16:08
its high and dry and in the open

its on a shelf ? if so then but it on a lower even surface..... also ensure the PSU is on a table and well ventilated free of any obstruction, if that doesent solve it then you have a dud...

zing_deleted
24-01-2007, 16:10
It only crashed once I was just seeing if anyone else have had a lock up. Spose ill just have to play it more to see. What a shame ;)

Gareth
24-01-2007, 16:12
Not had any problems with mine, and it's been used a lot since xmas... I'd have said check ventilation, but I'm sure you already made sure it had enough space around it - plus, mine isn't particularly well ventilated and doesn't seem to mind.

If it happens again, I'd either pop back to the place you bought it from or give Ninty a call... a girl my missus works with had to call 'em because the sensor bar cable was dodgy and they were very efficient, sending a replacement one out in the post the same day to her.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

ps - how you finding it so far? Obviously for graphics your PC is gonna be better, but how you enjoying the gameplay side of things?

Halcyon
24-01-2007, 16:13
My friends Wii has crashed about once.
If it happens more often then take it back. If not, then think of it as a one off .

zing_deleted
24-01-2007, 16:17
Not had any problems with mine, and it's been used a lot since xmas... I'd have said check ventilation, but I'm sure you already made sure it had enough space around it - plus, mine isn't particularly well ventilated and doesn't seem to mind.

If it happens again, I'd either pop back to the place you bought it from or give Ninty a call... a girl my missus works with had to call 'em because the sensor bar cable was dodgy and they were very efficient, sending a replacement one out in the post the same day to her.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 ----------

ps - how you finding it so far? Obviously for graphics your PC is gonna be better, but how you enjoying the gameplay side of things?

Red Steel is hard to play but im sure ill get used to it.The Wii sports is an excellent crack looking forward to many an aching limb whilst under the influence ;)

---------- Post added at 16:17 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

My friends Wii has crashed about once.
If it happens more often then take it back. If not, then think of it as a one off .

hope its just one of them :)

Shadow Demon UK
24-01-2007, 16:43
anyone had this happen? only bought it today played an hour on Red Steel then a good few undefeated rounds of boxing went onto the bowling finished round 10 and the system just locked up. Have others had lock ups and the system remain ok or could I have a dud?

I think mine has crashed once but other than that there's been no problems. I have heard though that the Nintendo customer service isn't very good, so i would try and take it back to the shop if you are still having problems with it.

Slyder
24-01-2007, 17:38
Games console are never flawless. Keep an eye on it, its perfectly reasonable for it to crash at least once every now and then. However if it is a regular occurance (have I spelt that right?) then defintley think about taking it back

You jammy git may I add... :D

skyblueheroes
24-01-2007, 17:40
No crashes here (touch wood). Hope you enjoy it dude - we are in the SBH houshold.

MovedGoalPosts
24-01-2007, 17:43
Be grateful you found somewhere with them in stock. They seem to be like gold-dust at the moment!

zing_deleted
24-01-2007, 17:47
Game had 9 today I had the last one

Cilonen
25-01-2007, 01:02
There are numerous reports on the Wii forums (http://www.wiichat.com/index.php) of the screen blanking whilst playing virtual console games, but I haven't heard of any crashes during Wii games.

A reset seems to sort things out in most cases, and you can always check for firmware updates if your Wii is online.

Had mine since launch w/o probs, except for one VC game going to blank screen once.
Loving it, great fun.
Check out the Mortal Kombat demo video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xucg0sqwmqc&eurl=) on YouTube - really interested in playing that now!

Knobbly
25-01-2007, 09:40
Be grateful you found somewhere with them in stock. They seem to be like gold-dust at the moment!

Check play.com, they had some in stock a few minutes ago.