PDA

View Full Version : Ntl Incompitance

gdytua
20-01-2007, 22:13
I have been without phone service from NTL since the 28 DECEMBER and there is no light at the end of the tunnel can anybody give me advice how to reinstate my servie
The customer service is useless I think they are so busy that they dont have time for good customer or to help them
I cant even put a smiley up

Dave

Bill C
20-01-2007, 22:28
I have been without phone service from NTL since the 28 DECEMBER and there is no light at the end of the tunnel can anybody give me advice how to reinstate my servie
The customer service is useless I think they are so busy that they dont have time for good customer or to help them
I cant even put a smiley up

Dave

Any chance of some information so we can try to help.

And :welcome: to the forum

gdytua
21-01-2007, 05:10
Thanks BIll
Details! Best to email me email address removed
But went off 28 Dec since then been round in circles with customer service They have lost our number not easy you say but lost it is I dont know why they dont just write to me and say 'lost your number' you will have to have anew one' to simple
I live in manchester
Dave

Russ
21-01-2007, 06:45
What Bill means is if you give us as much information as you can about what happened then we'll be able to give you better advice.

gdytua
21-01-2007, 10:16
OK Thanks for info
On the 28 December 2006 we found our telephone had no dial tone. It was Dead. At 0800am I contacted NTL CS and was told that an engineer would be sent on Tuesday 2 Jan 2007. after a while thinking about this and the very dijointed conversation with an Indian call centre operator I recalled to be told no call had been booked, but the operator would test the line and phone me back on my mobile. It is worth noteing that all the calls to CS have been via a Mobile.
The operator phoned me back and informed me that it was a fault at the exchange and it would be 3 Jan 2007 when a repaire could be completed. this did not happen and several subsequent calls resulted in an engineer call on the 16 Jan. The engineer Paul Sullivan informed my wife 'its a wire off at the green box on Newmarket road and I need a number from CS to effect a repaire and it will be on in 24 hours
We are as you apreciate are still waiting. Between the engineer calling and the two missed engineer visits, for space I have not included we were promised an engineer visit but no engineer showed. I was contacted by CS and told 'we have lost your number (I inported my number from BT some 8 years ago) we can alocate you a new number but you will have to place a new order for phone service and CS will phone me, still waiting.
During all this time I have been told by CS and service dept 'you will receive a service with 48 hours, so you wait it doesnt happen and you recall service or customer service (CS) and each call a test is done and they inform me its a fault at the exchange or and this is the lastes one we dont have a record of you account. I obvously await the bill next week (Ha Ha)
I have resolved my self to awaiting the call from the BT enginer to install my BT line
To sumarise It would apear that NTL have lost my number WHY can they just input my number and ha ho away we go

MovedGoalPosts
21-01-2007, 13:06
Ntl saying they have lost the number may relate to some weird computer fault, in that if somehow a database dropped it, as it came from a BT range, it gets resent back to them for reallocation if it becomes inactive :confused:

Anyway, it's clear nobody at ntl has grasped your problems. That's not good enough. Cable Forum has high level contacts within ntl that have been good at troubleshooting these sorts of issues. If you want us to get them involved, please PM me some details (your account name, account number, property address, the phone number that got disconnected, a daytime contact phone number - mobile?, email address, and any other information that can help our contact sort you out).

gdytua
21-01-2007, 15:28
I sent you some information. Admin edit (Stuart) : We normally recommend you don't post personal details on the forum. As said below, PM it to Rob.
Regards Dave

Nikesh
21-01-2007, 15:50
Dave, I would remove your mobile number from your post. PM your mobile number to Rob instead.

Graham M
21-01-2007, 15:52
LoL...

MovedGoalPosts
21-01-2007, 16:03
Details received and will be forwarded. Please keep the forum updated.

As a side note we suggest that you don't publish details publicly on forums. There are unfortunately far too many unscrupulous people out there who trawl the net for that sort of stuff, to then misuse it :(

gdytua
21-01-2007, 16:21
Details received and will be forwarded. Please keep the forum updated.

As a side note we suggest that you don't publish details publicly on forums. There are unfortunately far too many unscrupulous people out there who trawl the net for that sort of stuff, to then misuse it :(

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Thanks Yes I was a bit dubios about but am not yet ofay with the forup
Many thanks for your time
Dave

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Or my spelling oops! Forum **

gdytua
26-01-2007, 19:34
---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Thanks Yes I was a bit dubios about but am not yet ofay with the forup
Many thanks for your time
Dave

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

Or my spelling oops! Forum **

---------- Post added at 19:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

I must give a BIG THANKS to all involved with getting me back on line within 3 days THank you
I dont know what went wrong but I have now received a bill
My Name Mr D A---- the bill adress to Mr Bqsk A--- the account number 123456767 the same as the last bill in December
anyway its my problem and the accounts dept will have to sort it
so THANK YOU ALL for the help we (my wife and I) were at our wits end

DA

MovedGoalPosts
26-01-2007, 19:41
Pleased your phone is now working :tu:

Use the person who has been sorting your issues, to get the bill account corrected. Probably some small database gremlin.

gdytua
29-01-2007, 15:57
As an after thought and further to my problems with NTL CS.

I came across this site by accident and without your help I think I would still be going round in circles I cannot tell you how much trouble and problems i had had prior to adding my post it was unbeleivable I had actualy given up and was just waiting for the bill to cancell NTL for ever
In toal I had spent almost £20 ontopping up my mobile we had waited in three times for an engineer and we had phone NTL aprox 30 times and had been disconected more times than I can remember on the last ocation I was on the phone from 18 15 to 19.10 and was being past from CS to Faults haveing to waite at least ten mins each transfer

SO A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED

Dave

Bill C
29-01-2007, 16:08
As an after thought and further to my problems with NTL CS.

I came across this site by accident and without your help I think I would still be going round in circles I cannot tell you how much trouble and problems i had had prior to adding my post it was unbeleivable I had actualy given up and was just waiting for the bill to cancell NTL for ever
In toal I had spent almost £20 ontopping up my mobile we had waited in three times for an engineer and we had phone NTL aprox 30 times and had been disconected more times than I can remember on the last ocation I was on the phone from 18 15 to 19.10 and was being past from CS to Faults haveing to waite at least ten mins each transfer

SO A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED

Dave

glad to see a happy ending to your problem :tu: