PDA

View Full Version : Valve: PS3 a "total disaster on so many levels!"

NEONKNIGHT
20-01-2007, 13:34
Valve Software's chief Gabe Newell has unleashed a stinging attack on PS3, saying Sony should cancel the console and start all over again.

"The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted," Newell reportedly said in an interview with Game Informer.

He continued: "I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a do over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'."

It's a different story with Nintendo, however, Newell revealing he really likes "everything that Nintendo is doing."

"The happy story is the Wii," he said. "I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I'm crazy."

Strong words there.

MovedGoalPosts
20-01-2007, 13:42
I wouldn't disagree with him either. I have no interest in PS3, but the Wii, certainly has got my curiosity.

NEONKNIGHT
20-01-2007, 13:46
I wouldn't disagree with him either. I have no interest in PS3, but the Wii, certainly has got my curiosity.

Must admit, I was sceptical about the Wii but now having played on one, it's a top system. Great fun.:)

Nikesh
20-01-2007, 13:46
Nintendo have been much more innovative than their rivals.

NEONKNIGHT
20-01-2007, 13:54
Nintendo have been much more innovated than their rivals.

Ninty have constantly brought new depth and innovation to video gaming but on the technological front Microsoft have been great innovators to, just look at the Xbox Live Service, its flawless and leaves its rivals standing. Coupled with cross-platform gaming (PC - Xbox360) they are on to a sure fire winner.

Graham M
20-01-2007, 14:04
I'm getting my Wii that's for sure :)

Damien
20-01-2007, 21:53
Nothing better than a Wii. Nintendo make excellent games and understanding the concepts of good gameplay.

Microsoft are techincally very good and innovative, they also understand the power of games to their console.

Uncle Peter
21-01-2007, 13:54
Gabe's not a happy chap with is is he. Anyone remember the interview that John Carmack from ID gave last year? he basically said that devs would have to "sweat blood" to get the best out of the PS3 because of the way Sony had designed the processor architecture.