PDA

View Full Version : Integrated Billing for Virgin Mobile & NTL Services?

Cobbydaler
19-01-2007, 14:22
Thinking of moving to Virgin Mobile after some shabby underhand treatment by Vodafone (if I can get out of my contract)...

Does anyone know if/when Virgin Mobile billing will be integrated with TV/Broadband/Landline bills?

TIA...

Nikesh
20-01-2007, 11:45
I think they are planning to integrate the bills.

Florence
21-01-2007, 01:14
Not this year

AndyCambs
21-01-2007, 17:50
Not this year
I thought I'd read that they were going to integrate billing at some point. Admittedly, it didn't say when, but my impression was sooner rather than later...........

kibblerok
21-01-2007, 20:40
ntl and tw wont be on one system until probably nov/dec at this rate

they'll possibly start looking into and planning mobile after

hedgie
05-03-2007, 10:55
Hey we have had NTL phone, TV and Broadband from ages and we have never had integrated billing. I dont even get a broadband bill I just see a direct debit every month !

M

AndyCambs
05-03-2007, 11:21
You have to admit the £10 per month for 300mins + 300 text messages is a good offer, separate bills or not!

chill_fm
06-03-2007, 02:45
i have made an enquirer about this offer an they only send out the sims card not with a mobile phone
my own mobile is with vodafone an i wont be getting it chip as in the past i did tired on another mobile the camera wont work

AndyCambs
06-03-2007, 09:00
i have made an enquirer about this offer an they only send out the sims card not with a mobile phone
my own mobile is with vodafone an i wont be getting it chip as in the past i did tired on another mobile the camera wont work

You've got two choices:

Buy a new PAYG phone from Virgin Mobile - and get the account changed over to the 300+300 tariff. (Virgin Mobile Support are incredibly helpful)
Get your current phone unlocked. I did with my current Orange phone. I did it quite properly through Orange customer services, and it took about 3-4 weeks for the unlock code to come through. It cost £20, but was worthwhile. It's also possible to have the phone unlocked at some local stores, and it might be cheaper. The other question I have (perhaps someone might confirm), I have the feeling that Vodafone cellphones may not be locked to that particular provider, so you wouldn't need to unlock it?Coverage by the way is provided on the T-Mobile network. There are a couple of places where I find signal strength not quite as strong as Orange, but it's not much of a problem. I do find that with the 300 minutes rolled forward (meaning I generally start the month with 600 minutes), that I use the cellphone much more.