PDA

View Full Version : Cant us Voicemail on Incoming calls only.?

Quam256
10-01-2007, 17:29
Have a relative on incoming calls only (through choice )and has found that if any messages are left on the voicemail (broken dial tone )she cant get them because I asume she is on incoming only.Voicemail is a free service why be stopped from using it . Has anyone else had this problem.

BenMcr
10-01-2007, 23:51
incoming calls is just that. you will probably find that she can't dial 150 from the line either to get through to customer services.

There are two was to block outbound calls.

Incoming only literally stops the telephone hardware from recognising key presses on the phone. its an on/off switch only, nothing more.

The other option is call barring. Again this can be set to stop all chargeable calls from being dialled (which is why most people have incoming calls only).

However, this CAN recognise what keys are pressed on the phone (which is why it doesnt cut it straight away when dialling numbers, it waits to see if you are dialling 0800 for instance, which it would allow, compared with 0870, which it would block)

Shandos
11-01-2007, 14:55
The only thing I can think of to solve this problem, is to have all outbound calls on a pin number.

This way you can enter the pin number then retrieve the voicemail. (though this is dependant on area)

Other that this, I don't know any other way of being able to retrieve voicemail while on full OCB.

Quam256
11-01-2007, 20:57
Thanks for the replies much apreciated.