PDA

View Full Version : [Merged]NTL Waste of Time TV Drive Install Didn't Happen

RS100
23-12-2006, 14:33
Well today is the day of my Tv Drive (V+ BOX) install between 12pm - 6pm i wonder if they will turn up,

A nice easy job who ever turn's up:)

I will update later,

poolking
23-12-2006, 15:17
Good Luck :D

RS100
23-12-2006, 15:46
Thanks i think i will need it as a ntl van tuned up about 30min ago then drove off:Yikes: Good Luck :D

RS100
23-12-2006, 19:07
5.51pm and still no sign of a ntl installer:(

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Still no sign 6.07pm any one know what time ntl engineers work untill is it 6pm:(

gadge
23-12-2006, 19:25
5.51pm and still no sign of a ntl installer:(

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Still no sign 6.07pm any one know what time ntl engineers work untill is it 6pm:(
might be 8pm with it being christmas.;)
there was an engineer at next door about 7pm last week.

RS100
23-12-2006, 19:34
Ok thanks 6.34pm now, I bet if i went out for 2min and come back i would have a card through the door,

might be 8pm with it being christmas.;)
there was an engineer at next door about 7pm last week.

Quam256
23-12-2006, 19:39
Is he there yet ?

gadge
23-12-2006, 19:40
Ok thanks 6.34pm now, I bet if i went out for 2min and come back i would have a card through the door,
that would be sods law hope you get installed today dude.cant wait for ours next month.;)

Quam256
23-12-2006, 19:42
CAll customer services make sure they have not put you down as a no access for any reason ;) .
You dont always get a card.

RS100
23-12-2006, 19:50
I have but they are closed now, I did call them them a few hours ago (Installs dept) and they said they are deffo coming out to me today:erm: ,

CAll customer services make sure they have not put you down as a no access for any reason ;) .
You dont always get a card.

gadge
23-12-2006, 20:49
I have but they are closed now, I did call them them a few hours ago (Installs dept) and they said they are deffo coming out to me today:erm: ,
any news yet dude.

Fingy
23-12-2006, 21:19
Sorry if I stole your engineer today, had mine installed, was there about 2 and it wouldn't have taken as long as it did if we weren't gassing. Seems to be the business so far.

RS100
23-12-2006, 22:28
9.28pm and still no engine:mad: er

poolking
23-12-2006, 22:33
9.28pm and still no engine:mad: er

Maybe the van that turned up earlier was supposed to have done the install?

RS100
23-12-2006, 22:43
i was there all day a van turned up about 1pm ish at reversed by my house then looked at my house and drove off

Maybe the van that turned up earlier was supposed to have done the install?

RS100
23-12-2006, 22:58
I was due for a tv drive install this afternoon as you can see in this thread http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=34184935#post34184935

A van turned up outside my house and looked at the house wrote some thing down then drove off i phoned the installs dept 3 times on 0800 479 1000 and they said the engineer was on his way and the last time i phoned they put me on hold for about 10min while they spoke to the area installs manager and was then told the engineer would be here by 6pm and not to go out as he was on his way to my house at 3pm ish it is now 9.52pm and no one turned up:mad:

So i have taken the day off work for nothing and wasted a days work i hope ntl will pay me for the time they have wasted:mad: ,

And i will also be cancelling my direct debit tomorrow and cancelling my ntl 10mb account and my telephone service with them:tu: .

NTL must love loseing a over £150 per month customer:tu:

Is there any ntl staff here who can help my find out why the engineer just turned around on my drive way and drove off, Or who can i phone to make a complaint,

The sad thing is the isolator point in the living room was only about 1 metre from the tv and i made a rg6 cable from it to under the tv with snap n seal ppc ends on it ready and scart and hdmi lead was already there, And there was a case of 24 stella largers waiting for the installer as it is xmas time.

MovedGoalPosts
24-12-2006, 00:07
Sorry to see this didn't happen. That someone took a look at your house and then drove away without even saying soryy seems very poor. Hope you can give ntl a good piece of your mind if you can get hold of the installs people who were telling you porkies.

RS100
24-12-2006, 00:19
I agree it is very poor and i had a few friends who wanted to see what the tv drive was like before ordering aswell, I don't think im going to waste my money by phoneing about i will just wait for them to contact me after i cancel the direct debit and tell them to collect there cable modem,

Sorry to see this didn't happen. That someone took a look at your house and then drove away without even saying soryy seems very poor. Hope you can give ntl a good piece of your mind if you can get hold of the installs people who were telling you porkies.

Marge
24-12-2006, 00:21
I would guess the chap has called it an NBI which is really really poor, in fairness to the installs people they can only off what they are being told at the time so if the engineer is saying he will turn up, that's the message that is passed on.

It's a really bad thing to do and shows how the actions of one person can have such a negative effect all round. You're quite rightly extremely cheesed off and no-one can blame you for wanting to cancel everything. It's disheartening to speak to customers if this does happen as it makes a hard job even more difficult. In my experience it's not every engineer that does this as most of them are extremely hardworking and professional and I'm just sorry to hear of such a bad experience.

I would guesstimate that Installs would now not be open until Wednesday if you wanted to have another bash or alternatively Cancellations if you wish to go ahead with cancelling.

RS100
24-12-2006, 00:28
At the moment i have 10mb broadband and telephone and it was a nightmare getting that installed as they did not turn up twice,

But i did not think it would have happend again i would have another install but know i will get messed about like today and spend hours on the phone,

Do you know what department i need to speak to to find out why that idiot of installer messed me about, At my home i have full hidden CCTV cam's that are on record 24/7 on to a hard drive if they want to i can send them a copy of the installler turning around on my drive then driveing off,

I would guess the chap has called it an NBI which is really really poor, in fairness to the installs people they can only off what they are being told at the time so if the engineer is saying he will turn up, that's the message that is passed on.

It's a really bad thing to do and shows how the actions of one person can have such a negative effect all round. You're quite rightly extremely cheesed off and no-one can blame you for wanting to cancel everything. It's disheartening to speak to customers if this does happen as it makes a hard job even more difficult. In my experience it's not every engineer that does this as most of them are extremely hardworking and professional and I'm just sorry to hear of such a bad experience.

I would guesstimate that Installs would now not be open until Wednesday if you wanted to have another bash or alternatively Cancellations if you wish to go ahead with cancelling.

RS100
26-12-2006, 12:37
Well i called customer services today and they said that they could not do any thing about the installer not turning up and i should just phone sales and reorder, Are they haveing a joke, Any one know if there is a phone number for complaints

lostandconfused
27-12-2006, 10:29
sorry to say this but you've been fobbed off there, give CS a call again and tell them you want to make a complaint about the install of the tv drive, they will /should fill in a complaints tracker. (you'l get a ref number when they've filled it in) then the installs manager will get in touch with you (within 48hrs) to explain why the tech didnt trurn up and to arrange a suitable time when someone can come back out

RS100
27-12-2006, 11:33
Thanks for the advise i phoned installs direct at 9.30am this morning and they said some one will now be out today by 6pm i asked why the tech did not turn up on the 24th and they said the area manager said it was because it was xmas, If they do not turn up this time i will file a complaint,

Quam256
27-12-2006, 12:28
PM me with your area ,I am from the Midlands ,if I can help I will.

poolking
27-12-2006, 12:31
Thanks for the advise i phoned installs direct at 9.30am this morning and they said some one will now be out today by 6pm i asked why the tech did not turn up on the 24th and they said the area manager said it was because it was xmas, If they do not turn up this time i will file a complaint,

What a load of cobblers, so what if it is christmas, if they had known that no techs were working that day, why did they accept your appointment in the first place?

Good job I only have BB and phone with them.

RS100
27-12-2006, 14:09
update i phoned installs again now at 12.48pm to double check for today and they said they aint got a clue about todays install:Yikes: :mad: :mad: ,

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

on the phone now customer services put me on hold now put me on to sales to reorder:mad:

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Update again the put me though to sales who said the can not reorder a install tv drive for me as i already have it installed:Yikes: ,

Paul K
27-12-2006, 14:28
Amazing, think we can than Christmas, a new billing system and a few inept members of NTL CS for this :(

poolking
27-12-2006, 14:38
update i phoned installs again now at 12.48pm to double check for today and they said they aint got a clue about todays install:Yikes: :mad: :mad: ,

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

on the phone now customer services put me on hold now put me on to sales to reorder:mad:

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Update again the put me though to sales who said the can not reorder a install tv drive for me as i already have it installed:Yikes: ,

So have they just left it that and not offered a solution?

RS100
27-12-2006, 15:52
nope nothing told that a guy called gavin davies area manager for newport south wales would call me:erm: ,

So have they just left it that and not offered a solution?

poolking
27-12-2006, 16:08
nope nothing told that a guy called gavin davies area manager for newport south wales would call me:erm: ,

Good luck, keep us posted.

fireman328
27-12-2006, 16:24
As I read this it makes me so mad, the lack of communication and total neglect of any kind of customer care shows nothing but contempt for the customer and NTL deserve all the criticism they so richly collect. If Richard Branson only knew just what was happening I am sure he would sever all ties with this sorry excuse for a "communications" company, and deservedly so !

RS100
27-12-2006, 21:21
Thank you fireman328 i could not have put it better myself,

Also just to update the area manager did not call me:( ,

As I read this it makes me so mad, the lack of communication and total neglect of any kind of customer care shows nothing but contempt for the customer and NTL deserve all the criticism they so richly collect. If Richard Branson only knew just what was happening I am sure he would sever all ties with this sorry excuse for a "communications" company, and deservedly so !

Quam256
27-12-2006, 22:22

Maybe he does look at this sight !

poolking
28-12-2006, 00:13
Also just to update the area manager did not call me:( ,

That's no surprise.

RS100
28-12-2006, 15:20
update i phoned ntl this morning and they deleated it all off the system and said they will come out and do my install now on the 4th of jan 2007,

But i just come back from work and have had a Purple ntl card in the door saying they missed me today at 1.30pm are they haveing a joke is there any one here who has contacts at ntl who can help me sort this out please, All i want is my tv drive installed

Sipowicz
28-12-2006, 15:39
update i phoned ntl this morning and they deleated it all off the system and said they will come out and do my install now on the 4th of jan 2007,

But i just come back from work and have had a Purple ntl card in the door saying they missed me today at 1.30pm are they haveing a joke is there any one here who has contacts at ntl who can help me sort this out please, All i want is my tv drive installed

Sums it all up really! :dozey:

poolking
28-12-2006, 16:18
Do install bookers and the engineers actually communicate with each other, or do they just rely on mind reading techniques?

fireman328
28-12-2006, 17:36
Abysmal service, what more can one say except " has anyone got a number for SKY"

poolking
28-12-2006, 19:10
Abysmal service, what more can one say except " has anyone got a number for SKY"

You'll find it on their website :)

Bill C
28-12-2006, 19:39

You mean to tell me you don't know about Google :):angel:

:)

RS100
28-12-2006, 20:13
This is the card they left today at 1.30pm,

Download Failed (1) (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s8000297ka5.jpg)

Download Failed (1) (http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s8000295lp8.jpg)

But i called NTL and customer service put me on hold and came back on after talking to installs and they said there is no record of them sending a engineer to my home today and i must be wrong :erm: :dozey: ,

The only other thing they told me was that the engineer reported the my install on saturday as a NBI,

They said they will now call on the 4/1/07 (next wednesday),

poolking
28-12-2006, 20:38
This is the card they left today at 1.30pm,

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5016/s8000297ka5.th.jpg (http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s8000297ka5.jpg)

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5439/s8000295lp8.th.jpg (http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s8000295lp8.jpg)

But i called NTL and customer service put me on hold and came back on after talking to installs and they said there is no record of them sending a engineer to my home today and i must be wrong :erm: :dozey: ,

The only other thing they told me was that the engineer reported the install as a NBI the otherday,

They said they will now call on the 4/1/07 (next wednesday),

NBI = CBBTKDSIWH (Couldn't Be Bothered To Knock Door So I Went Home)

Was going to post a ruder version, but this is a family forum after all :angel:

RS100
04-01-2007, 10:34
Well it is the 4th January 2007 an i am due a morning AM call today I wonder if the engineer will turn up this time,

I will post back soon,

danielf
04-01-2007, 16:29
Well it is the 4th January 2007 an i am due a morning AM call today I wonder if the engineer will turn up this time,

I will post back soon,

Any luck? :erm:

Bill C
05-01-2007, 00:13
Any luck? :erm:

Indeed

RS100
05-01-2007, 11:11
Yep had it installed after all yesterday,

Quam256
05-01-2007, 16:26
:omg: :hyper: :clap: :birthday:

justamin
06-01-2007, 02:35
problem being that installs are a world of their own, csr's can fone them get the run around and then have to listen to the customer who is really getting ****ed off by now,
try passing a job to install to go back not a chance they may take a call now and again, but wont go out of their way to help..

as for the card throu the door gee you are lucky, to get a card that is...the norm is run quick they aint in...