PDA

View Full Version : No phone line!

NotVeryHappy
20-12-2006, 13:07
Would be grateful if anyone could help.....

I moved to new address a month ago, switching from BT to NTL. The new house had had NTL with the previous owners so there shouldn't have been much to sort out. I arranged for the engineer to come the day after moving. He arrived and got the broadband and tv working (I'm on the 3 for 30 package), but explained that there was a problem with the telephone line out on the street and that it would have to be fixed another day. The phone is completely dead. I have not received any call from NTL, letter or anything stating what will be happening to resolve this.

Since then I have made numerous telephone calls to NTL and am really disappointed with their service. Each time I phone it is costing me a fortune ringing from a mobile, and each time is up to an hour long and more often than not listening to a machine for 45 minutes before actually getting through to anyone. The amount of times I have had to phone and wait ages to speak to someone, who then puts me on hold for ages eventually being cut off! I have complained quite a few times and the last person I spoke to didn't know anything but said "you get the phone free anyway".....I expect the entire package I signed up for, I am paying a fortune having to use my mobile phone, instead of having free calls from an ntl landline evening and weekends. My mobile phone bill has reached £275.00 already (it should be £40.00!!) My last call chasing this up was took another hour on my mobile. Eventually I got through and the person said that there was a new service starting on the 6th December so nothing will happen until after that. So was there not a fault in the first place (as the engineer had implied), and NTL just can't be bothered to inform me?

I am getting very impatient with them now. NTL haven't had the courtesy to write to me or telephone on my mobile to advise me of any dates, what the problem is, or apologise for that matter.

I still haven't heard anything, so decided to write and complain using their on-line feedback form. I had to use this form because the facility which allows you to "email them", only gives you their telephone number to call them, once you've stated that there's a problem. I can't afford to phone using my mobile each time and to not get anywhere.

Anyone any suggestions? Does anyone know of this new service? Is this the way NTL usually treat their customers? It takes so long to get through to them, and when you do they just put you on hold for ages again, it's absolutely pointless trying to ring. Anyone else experienced this and have ideas on how to get this matter resolved?

By the way, they haven't replied back to my feedback submission form either.

In fact, the agreement I have with them hasn't been signed yet, so if I can't get this resolved I think I'll go back to BT!

Disgruntled new customer

bopdude
20-12-2006, 13:11
Mmmm, sorry to hear of your problem, stick around, although the site isn't NTL owned it does have ties, a MOD may be able to escalate your problem througha higher channel, or maybe an NTL member will see this thread and be able to help.

Either way :welcome: to CF and good luck :tu:

Stuart
20-12-2006, 13:13
:welcome: to the site. The site maintains contacts within NTL, who are good at sorting out problems such as this. If you PM me your name, address, account number and a contact telephone number, I can refer you to them.

bopdude
20-12-2006, 13:14
See, told ya..lol, 1 friendly mod, on cue :D

NotVeryHappy
20-12-2006, 16:24
Many thanks bopdude and Stuart!

I've sent my details to your hotmail account Stuart. Thanks for your quick reply - I hope NTL are just as quick. Fingers crossed!

Paul K
20-12-2006, 16:32
You could have sent it to him via PM by clicking on his user name above his avatar. That way your details wouldn't be at the mercy of the hotmail servers ;)

NotVeryHappy
20-12-2006, 16:37
Ah, wondered what PM was (novice forum user hehe!)
Cheers