PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to be Delayed AGAIN in Europe past March

TheBlueRaja
18-12-2006, 17:12
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36431

PS3
Bad bad news came for European Sony fans from site CVG this week.

Sony's head of Worldwide Studios Phil Harrison recently told Official PlayStation Magazine that he wouldn't like to make any definitive statements about the March roll-out for PS3.

CVG also claimed that a source has spoken of a PS3 delay as far back as September 2007, pointing at further component shortages.

Fortunately SCEE boss David Reeves specifically told GamesIndustry.biz: "We're still on schedule to launch PS3 in March throughout the PAL territories. All speculation otherwise is without foundation." - Don't expect the rumours to stop anytime soon though.

As the PS3 is further dissected by the gaming world, users are reporting some serious jaggies on PS1/PS2 game emulation.

kronas
18-12-2006, 17:33
its false, it will launch next year, i doubt it to be in march, there just is not enough of a ramp up in production, demand is out stripping supply in japan and especially in america, if its not sorted in the next month or so then we can have a definative delay.

Paul K
18-12-2006, 17:36
Yet again a certain supplier fails to sort its' supply chain out and yet again a certain section of the market suffers.

TheBlueRaja
18-12-2006, 17:44
I bet its still an issue with Blu-Ray diodes....

Nikesh
18-12-2006, 18:16
What a joke!

kronas
18-12-2006, 18:40
I bet its still an issue with Blu-Ray diodes....

yes it is.

Damien
18-12-2006, 19:37
Blue ray is pretty much responsible the most of the problem with the PS3. It is destorying there hold on the market

STONEISLAND
18-12-2006, 19:41
I must admit as a big PS3 fan I'm very disappointed theres yet another delay. This is very embarrassing for Sony.
I have a good mine to opt for th Xbox at this rate.

Damien
18-12-2006, 19:45
Well it doesnt seem to be any more powerful than the 360, at best it was always going to be close between them too. This will also mean the 360 may almost a 2 year lead over it.

But why bother will a PS3 when a xbox 360 has the same games, is out now, and is consideribly cheaper

STONEISLAND
18-12-2006, 20:04
Well it doesnt seem to be any more powerful than the 360, at best it was always going to be close between them too. This will also mean the 360 may almost a 2 year lead over it.

But why bother will a PS3 when a xbox 360 has the same games, is out now, and is consideribly cheaper

1 word well Blue-Ray oh and Gran Tourismo or however you spell it.

Uncle Peter
18-12-2006, 20:25
What if the XBox360 successor is say 18 months away from the eventual launch of the PAL PS3? that doesn't bode well for Sony at all.

Damien
18-12-2006, 20:25
I guess. Although MS has HD-DVD, But that would bring up the cost. Bear in mind it is hard for me to recommend something by Microsoft :P

shawty
18-12-2006, 21:33
woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang on a minute. Not only has the delay been played down by Sony they have had this to say http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6163190.html . They believe they are still on target as the blu ray problem has been sorted and production as been stepped up.

TheBlueRaja
18-12-2006, 21:43
I guess. Although MS has HD-DVD, But that would bring up the cost. Bear in mind it is hard for me to recommend something by Microsoft :P

As i have said many times previously - you dont HAVE to have the HD-DVD drive, you dont HAVE to pay for it.

Its upto you...

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

woahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang on a minute. Not only has the delay been played down by Sony they have had this to say http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6163190.html . They believe they are still on target as the blu ray problem has been sorted and production as been stepped up.

I see out resident Sony rep has joined us - how are thing these days?

I'm sure this was played down, but as the comments were from Sony's head of Worldwide Studios i would suggest that perhaps there is something to the rumour. Perhaps the comments were in advised and they are trying to do a little bit of damage limitation?

Either way - it will be interesting to see what happens next.

kronas
18-12-2006, 22:01
nobody can argue that sony's manufacturing is a problem but we have no indications as to when they will have a launch in europe, at the moment march 07 is our guide and we have to just stick to it until we know more, at the moment its looking increasingly plausable fo a delay, even if it launches i dont think we will see many units at all, the scarcity may even rival the 360's small spread across our shores at its launch.

shawty
18-12-2006, 22:09
The comment was stating that he did not want to confirm that it was still coming out in March so he would not be held responsible incase it is actually delayed. Any rumors are just that rumors. The way the rumor started was he didnt state for fact it would be out in March so the internet rumors started rolling in. The fact that Sony themselves have stated they have got over the blu ray problem and production is in full swing obviously means nothing to antone. Im not saying a delay is not possible its just the way everyone reacted as it was true and there was going to be a delay.

Your a bit late on this one to i was actually waiting for you to post this on the 13th as soon as the news broke about it.

Uncle Peter
19-12-2006, 14:29
I guess the concern is that Sony are still trying to make up the number of units that should have originally been shipped to the US so there's a bit of backside covering going on to avert another PR disaster.