PDA

View Full Version : Starview cable box not working

mhl123
12-12-2006, 20:27
I have a starview cable box which was working correctly and recceiving ALL the channels. Now it only channels 1-5, and the ETVS channels are working. With the other channels, the banner at the bottom of the screen appears on every channel and it even tells you the channel name and the current program. Although there is no sound or picture.

Also, when you stop on a channel where there is no picture, and wait a few seconds, the box starts searching/updating. Sometimes it freezes on a figure less than 100%, sometimes it counts to a figure above 100%. Both times, it has no effect on restoring the channel.

Can you suggest how to get the box up and running again so that ALL the channels will work.

Thanks

SnoopZ
12-12-2006, 20:35
I'm assuming you're paying for ALL the channels? If not then illegal box talk is not allowed here.

[edit]

I believe it might be illegal to connect this box to NTL:TW network.

Jules
12-12-2006, 20:43
If it is a legal box give them a ring see if they will send a hit to it

MovedGoalPosts
12-12-2006, 20:51
I've never heard of Starview STBs supplied by nbtl:telewest for use on the cable network. I'm prepared to be corrected on that, but as far as I know digital STBs have only ever been Pace and Samsung. Or is this a much older analogue STB?

On the assumption you are subscribing to the ntl:telewest service, phone faults and they will sort you out.

SnoopZ
12-12-2006, 20:53
Got this off a webpage somewhere.

please note that connecting this receiver to uk n.t.l, tw or c&w networks
may contravene their terms and conditions of service please check with your cable provider

Virgin Mary
12-12-2006, 20:56
They are chipped STBs sold on ebay. They claim to receive all channels for free.

Jules
12-12-2006, 21:07
Looks like they have nuked his box then, that is what happens when you don't pay

MovedGoalPosts
12-12-2006, 21:09
And on that basis since this box is not ntl:telewest subscribed, thread closed.