PDA

View Full Version : Sky Dropping out (No Signal Being Received)

Millay
08-12-2006, 14:14
I have been looking round the internet today, as both my parents and my digi-box are suffering with intermittent channel loss, now nowing the bad weather recently i had my dish and signal checked by an ex sky engineer and everything is in order, also when i look on the signal test screen i have good level and quality.

Im wondering if this is perhpas been caused by either a problem at skys end or with a software update etc.

There seem to be other people wondering about this problem but no real concensious on what is causing this.

So my question is is anyone else getting a no satellite signal being received message or anything like this?

Paul K
08-12-2006, 16:42
If signal is good but the channels are not there then it could be the LNB as this is what went on our dish. Signal was full strength but we couldn't get any channels.

iain_herts
08-12-2006, 19:57
hi millay are the any trees in direct line of the dish and does it happen only in bad weather or at any time.

if u would like to rule out a LNB problem give me a pm and i'll send u a LNB

TheBlueRaja
28-12-2006, 00:21
Same problem here at the moment and also some people are discussing this at AVforums (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445611) and DigitalSpy (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=503874).

I can have issues with No signal on BBC1 2 and ITV, but if i flick to Channel 4, 5 or Sky One etc its OK.

Soemthing's up i think.

poolking
31-12-2006, 23:22
Does anyone else have signal problems when its bad weather? I have this everytime there is bad weather, wind and rain here at the moment, the picture is freezing up and then getting no signal being received on the screen.

Its stabilized again.

dragon
31-12-2006, 23:53
Does anyone else have signal problems when its bad weather? I have this everytime there is bad weather, wind and rain here at the moment, the picture is freezing up and then getting no signal being received on the screen.

Its stabilized again.

its that 36thou km trip though all them clouds and rain that causes the weak signal
:Yikes:

Ours is actally quite stable even in the bad weather, but then i have a newer Digibox not sure if that helps (its a thompson DSI4214 i think)

Paul
01-01-2007, 02:30
We lost our signal for a few minutes in the really heavy rain earlier, but fine otherwise.

Creative
06-01-2007, 00:17
its that 36thou km trip though all them clouds and rain that causes the weak signal
:Yikes:

Ours is actally quite stable even in the bad weather, but then i have a newer Digibox not sure if that helps (its a thompson DSI4214 i think)

Its only 18000km each way! The satellite actually recieves, and remodulates onto a different frequency the signal sent to it., i.e. the uplink frequency is different to the downlink.
I've seen losses with Astra2/Eurobird 3m recieve dishes with very heavy rain. I've also seen the uplink power wound up in order to melt the snow forming on a heated Uplink dish!

The weather has no respect for man and his toys!

dragon
06-01-2007, 00:24
Its only 18000km each way! The satellite actually recieves, and remodulates onto a different frequency the signal sent to it., i.e. the uplink frequency is different to the downlink.
I've seen losses with Astra2/Eurobird 3m recieve dishes with very heavy rain. I've also seen the uplink power wound up in order to melt the snow forming on a heated Uplink dish!

The weather has no respect for man and his toys!

ok so i was only a few thousend km out :p: