PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on NTL

Ben Taylor
08-12-2006, 12:11
As some of you know, i've had constant connection issues at peak times on my NTL cable connection.

I had an engineer call on Thursday, which resulted in the engineer basically saying that NTL had no plans to upgrade the service in the area and that it's "as good as it's going to get". Had I of been in I would of got this in writing but unfortunately someone else took the call and only relayed this information to me.

So, I want to switch of NTL. But, there's another complication...
I haven't been an NTL customer for 12 months, but I feel I am well within my rights to request them to waive the cancellation fee. I had a word with the cancellation department but there was nothing they would do, I would have to pay £205 to end my contract, as i've only been with NTL since May, and would have to pay all remaining charges. This I find unacceptable, and expressed my feelings to the NTL rep! She gave me a postal address, for "high level complaints" but i'm dubious of this...

So, i'm left with an unuseable service, and paying at least £30 a month for this any way you look at it, even with downgrading to the cheapest services. Completely unacceptable.

PLEASE HELP! Any phone numbers, contact details, people I can complain to etc would be great... I frankly can't stand any more of this rubbish.

Ben

Apollo
08-12-2006, 13:23
Surely if you are not being supplied an adequate level of service then your consumer rights are on your side, regardless of what their contract states. It may be worth chatting with your local Citizens Advice Bureau, or the fair trading department.

Even though they state "up to x" there are limits what they can get away with whilst holding you to their contract.

Good luck, I feel sure I face the same dilemma soon.

Ben Taylor
10-12-2006, 00:27
New plan of action, going to ring cancellations again tomorrow and quote the SLA, should give me some extra leverage