PDA

View Full Version : National Set Top Box Internet Outage

dareusj
05-12-2006, 15:21
From what it seems from the NTL Service status website there is a national outage on internet through a Set Top Box. I definetely havn't got internet here in Bromley (BR3). Flashing light on the STB

FROM NTL WEBSITE:

ntl broadband internet set top box customers may currently experience a loss of service due to a technical fault.

Our engineers are aware and working to restore access as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hugh
05-12-2006, 15:24
:erm: Erm, not in North-West Leeds (using a Samsung STB), we're not (as evidenced by the fact I can send this reply) :D

lauzjp
05-12-2006, 15:35
my stb is being a pain, but I thought it was more to do with our green box being open for weeks and the wires dangling out of it... :rolleyes:

gibbon
05-12-2006, 15:50
I have no service in Woking. The "DS" light is flashing once a second.

My broadband has a seperate box - would this be the same issue? Is my setup classed as "set top box"? When they installed the broadband they stuffed up the digital TV so I assume it's all connected.

I hope it's the same fault because they can't send an engineer out until Friday morning (good job I'm off work anyway).

fireman328
05-12-2006, 15:55
I am in Reigate and it is OK here

Paul K
05-12-2006, 15:56
If you connect through a SACM (small box with lights on front) then no you do not connect through STB, if you connect through a large ish box with numbers and lights on front then you are connecting through a STB.
Haven't had any complaint from my sister in Peterborough so I'm assuming her STB connection is fine.
The fault on the status page is under the type "Registration" so it may be that new customers cannot register if on a STB at the moment but there are often other knock on effects too.

allanprg
05-12-2006, 15:57
Okay down here in Portsmouth.:) Samsung STB.

fireman328
05-12-2006, 16:01
I have a Set Top Box PACE, sorry should have said that in my first post.

punky
05-12-2006, 16:11
TV and Internet fine here.

East London, Bromley platform, Internet through STB.

gibbon
05-12-2006, 16:12
Cheers Paul

I have the SACM. I just thought that it may be the same underlying system because it affected the TV when it was first installed.

Looks like I may have to wait for this engineer to turn up on Friday.

lauzjp
05-12-2006, 16:29
i have a samsung box, and it flashes sporadically above the first digit of the channel no. - the picture freezes every so often, especially when I go to use the channel guide or change channel. It's not driving me mad yet, wait til it does it during the football or something... lol. and yes I have tried unplugging it :p:

Stuart
05-12-2006, 16:32
If you connect through a SACM (small box with lights on front) then no you do not connect through STB, if you connect through a large ish box with numbers and lights on front then you are connecting through a STB.
Haven't had any complaint from my sister in Peterborough so I'm assuming her STB connection is fine.
The fault on the status page is under the type "Registration" so it may be that new customers cannot register if on a STB at the moment but there are often other knock on effects too.

Maybe she's tried to ask you through email or msn... :D

Graham M
05-12-2006, 16:51
Seems fine in Poole, BH14

Jules
05-12-2006, 17:24
Fine here in Leeds via stb

Graham M
05-12-2006, 18:13
4meg on Samsung STB here btw