PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone beat this deal ?

lightboy
01-12-2006, 13:26
I just tried to cancel my NTL to go over to BT/SKY this is the offer i got to make me stay ....
phone line
tv family pack
10MB b/b with free sacm upgrade/install
total monthly cost £38

Hugh
01-12-2006, 13:30
I just tried to cancel my NTL to go over to BT/SKY this is the offer i got to make me stay ....
phone line
tv family pack
10MB b/b with free sacm upgrade/install
total monthly cost £38

Good for you - just don't complain if the customer service and tech support isn't up to scratch; that'll be that lack of funds ;)

DocDutch
01-12-2006, 14:23
Good for you - just don't complain if the customer service and tech support isn't up to scratch; that'll be that lack of funds ;)

amen foreverwar. soo many people just try to get the cheapest fastest deal. Thats why NTL is suffering on CS and TS services.

Logan
01-12-2006, 17:12
I have to be completely honest here. I've had to contact NTL a handful of times, several to customer services prior to install who appear to be up North somewhere, Newcastle.

On all ocassions they have been nothing but helpful and polite. They in fact, rang me on my mobile several times throughout the process.

Post install, I had to call Tech Support about half a dozen times. This time I was put through to, quite obviously, an off shore Indian team. I did seem to get fed a bit of bull****, but I persisted, and eventually I was talking to someone who knew what the hell was going on and it was sorted in minutes.

I can't fault them on being polite, even if they did give me the run around a little. But they got the problem sorted. I was even cut off half way through the conversation, and the tech support guy rang me back in seconds.

I think the longest I had to wait was approximately 7minutes in a queue at peak time.

Considering I came from Pipex, whereby, you get to speak to English people, you were a) lucky if you got through at all b) lucky if you got through within an hour of queueing c) lucky if they could help you and d) didn't feed you generic bull**** replies, I'm quite impressed with NTL's level of service.

It may not be the best at NTL, but for a large company, by todays standards, its actually not that bad! Be thankful you've not had the Pipex treatment!! You should also be thankful you've not had to ever contact Sky - which again, is a joke lol

Also, in terms of ADSL(+,2) vs. Cable - I'd never touch ADSL again. Ever. ADSL 'Max' upto '8mb' is the biggest Nationwide farce I've seen in years.

bonzoe
01-12-2006, 19:45
Just wait until your 3/6 month offer ends, then you'll get a shock, even if NTL make no errors in removing the offer!

Pepsi
01-12-2006, 19:51
NTL Customer Services are based in New Dehli India.