PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Plus - Whats the point?

DerekRothwell
01-12-2006, 00:25
Trying to get to have a browse about on this Broadband Plus thing, I figured out that I have to log in, which I did, and it looks jolly nice, with loads of content.

Click on anything at all, and it takes you to "My Account" page, and tells me there is no additional content I can select.

So, go back, click on a.n other link. My Account.

Does this for every single link on the BB Plus page.

I gave up. Or am I doing something wrong??

carmad
01-12-2006, 10:40
I am also getting same problem and keep on being taken back to the account page.:rolleyes:

Tod
01-12-2006, 11:04
In Vidzone the videos stop and start all the time which makes them pretty unwatchable. Anyone else experiencing this?

IanUK
01-12-2006, 13:29
I just tried Broadbandplus, first time in ages, after I logged in it wants me to pay £4.99, isn't it free for 10 meg users anymore ?

Tod
01-12-2006, 16:13
It is free for 4MB and 10MB users. You have to log in with your user details on ntlworld first now.

Taffer
01-12-2006, 17:17
I got an e-mail on the 17th of November about this, saying that you have to log in at the home page now, but also that you can access Broadbandplus from any PC

paulw37
05-12-2006, 00:24
I have been trying to get onto Broadband Plus again after a few weeks of not using it and the access appears to have changed. I had previously registered and all worked well but now it is asking me to register again and also to pay a fee of £4.99. As a 4Mb user I had thought it was free.

Has anyone actually registered for this and found out what happens to the £4.99 charge? Or, has anyone phoned NTL to ask?

DerekRothwell
07-12-2006, 22:42
Gawd Blimey Squire.

I have now received an email back from CS - telling me that "no, I do not need to pay for broadband Plus".

If it offers me the option to purchase BB+, use that option, if it does not offer me that option, I have to contact them again.

It does not offer me an option to purchase, just tells me "At this time, there are no additional purchases available "

Email sent.... I'll report back if I ever get a reply!!

dranny69
08-12-2006, 16:40
Gawd Blimey Squire.

I have now received an email back from CS - telling me that "no, I do not need to pay for broadband Plus".

If it offers me the option to purchase BB+, use that option, if it does not offer me that option, I have to contact them again.

It does not offer me an option to purchase, just tells me "At this time, there are no additional purchases available "

Email sent.... I'll report back if I ever get a reply!!

ive just tried this and i am now back on broadband plus:) only worry now is waiting for my bill to find i have been charged 4.99 for the privilage:disturbd:

paul11974
08-12-2006, 16:58
would not waste £5 on that pile of poop

dranny69
08-12-2006, 17:01
would not waste £5 on that pile of poop
neither would i but its meant to be free and thats one of my favourite words;)

invisibleboy
08-12-2006, 18:36
thought it was only free on 10 meg these days says so on the website (its always been 4-10 meg in the past)

Taf
08-12-2006, 19:44
I read on their website that it now "Broadband Extra" with a £4.99 monthly fee.... and "PC Guard Total" at £3 per month... free for L and Xl....

http://www.whycable.co.uk/pricechanges/pdf/Internet_Price_List.pdf

DerekRothwell
08-12-2006, 22:11
Unfortunately, I also think BB+ is a pile of poo too, but I have kids....
I did get an email confirming that the product is free for 4 & 10mb customers, but you do have to go through the process of activating it buy "purchasing" it.

Any bets that I wil actually get billed for it, then have to kick up a stink to get re-imburst?

Quality sales/billing dept at NTL will get it right first time :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: