PDA

View Full Version : No phone line AL5

Vero
30-11-2006, 20:47
I've had no phone line since 2000 HRS 29/11/06, I phoned from work today and was told I had to call from home, but I have no phone line, use your mobile then was the helpful reply. I did this but their system is 'down' so they can't do anything, this cost me a lot on my mobile to find this out grrr....
The problem started after I used the ring back service for a busy number, I've never used this before, didn't even know I had it, I'll never use it again, they said it was a coincidence but I think not.
I also sent an email to customer service (dis-service), only to be told -

>>>>>Thank you for your email.

Due to the security procedures we have in place at NTL, in compliance with the Data Protection Act, we cannot accept any change of information
regarding customer’s personal or account details or divulge account information via e-mail.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused regarding your fault issue for further assistance please contact our Fault's Department on 0845 454 0000 and Option 3, or free phone 151 from your NTL telephone line where they will process your faults query.

Regards,

NTL Customer Concern<<<<<

There does not seem to be a way to email them if you have an issue with your phone line, you just get directed to a phone number!!!
I was told to call in the morning, what this will acheive is beyond me.
Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
Vero 'in despair'

Marge
30-11-2006, 20:52
Is it no dial tone you have?

Vero
30-11-2006, 20:58
Yes, no dial tone, if you call my number there is an engaged tone.

Nedkelly
30-11-2006, 22:28
Hello Vero i have seen this before where a customer treid using this service and it knocked the phone line off .When you get through to faults they will problaly want to send a tech out .All i did was to get the line disc on the exchange and reconnected again Thats if is the same fault i attend before but it could be a line fault .hope ive shed a bit of light for you :) :tu:

Vero
01-12-2006, 08:56
Thanks I will try, already got the tech appointment but on phone again to try other option.

Here's hoping

Vero

---------- Post added at 08:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

They said I still have to have an engineer out to do it and that won't be till next Wednesday, that will be a whole week without a phone, I'm so fed up with them.
Thanks for trying
Vero