PDA

View Full Version : can some please help me.

venomist
25-11-2006, 18:21
:mad: :confused: :( i have recently been given a laptop and although it aint much good i would still like to get it working. i have wiped all the crap off it and cleaned it up pretty well but there is one thing that is getting me. i am trying to connect it to the net but i cant install ntl. it makes the c:\back_up.reg file but then as it goes to the next stage (minimum requirements and checking this and that malarky) it comes up with (a non functional adapter has been found) Motorola SURFboard SB51000 cable modem. this will not allow me to continue installation as it is sayin i have to disable it. now i have searched through the laptop high and low and still i have not found anything to do with motorola. i was wondering if anyone could help me. if you can just hit me back. thanks to all.
peter

MovedGoalPosts
25-11-2006, 18:52
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Are you trying to connect using ethernet, USB, or wireless?

Avoid using the complete ntl installation CD. That simply puts a lot of stuff on that you don't need. If you are using USB for your connection then you will need just the drivers from the ntl CD, nothing else.

You have switched off your modem (power cycled) when changing over the lappy from any other PC (unless you are using a router)?

venomist
25-11-2006, 19:39
i am using ehernet. i have snapped the cd due to it doing my head in so it would be useless anyway lol. i will power down and all now. thanx alot its been eatin me all day.
peter:tu:

MovedGoalPosts
25-11-2006, 19:40
You'll need the ethernet settings and internet explorer set to auto detect for DNS and connections respectively.