PDA

View Full Version : Possible Faulty Modem

tucker61
23-11-2006, 07:20
This week, i have been running utorrent during the day and when i return home from work my connection has been lost, i have to unplug my modem, leave for 10 seconds, then re-connect and everything is then ok, Is this a faulty modem or is it because of runnung utorrent ? Also, My wireless router switches off at 23:00 but after that time the upload and download light on my modem start flashing, Even when pc is turned off. Do not understand, Please advise..

Paul K
23-11-2006, 08:00
Does the same thing happen if you don't leave UTorrent running? The lights will continue to flash as the modem will continue to respond to data being sent to it from the UBR and other Utorrent users who will continue to try and connect to you while you are away.

wyngriff
23-11-2006, 18:12
Having same problem for past 4 to 5 days, with 120 modem but i notice they have changed the firmware again to 0003 the one we had all the problems with last year I shall ask them to put it back to 0002 or give me a new 250 modem ,i think there taking the p..s now.

tucker61
24-11-2006, 18:52
thanks, will test over weekend and get back to you.

wyngriff
24-11-2006, 21:11
Yes i am stil having the same problems trying to download linux distro 4gig via bt but its a complete waste of time im of work next week so ill phone them and see what they have to say. They will blame router etc etc you know what there like