PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!

TheSaint80
22-11-2006, 20:07
I'm currently with NTL Broadband and use Modem for my Broadband connection which all works perfectly. I recently took my Xbox to my friends house when we had a lads night in with a few beers. He also is with NTL broadband but has his connection directly through his set top box (TV BOX). I connected the Xbox up to the Set Top box but it won't connect online. I have tired turning his Set Top box off and leaving it for a few minutes to reset itself and then turning it back on again leaving it for a few minutes then turning on my Xbox again this failed to work. I am sure its something to do with my Xbox Live Setting but haven't a clue where to start.......PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!

Kindest Regards

Tony

jellybaby
22-11-2006, 20:19
With a set top box you have to go to a provisioning screen when you change computer or device. I'm not sure how you would enter the details required through the Xbox, but i'm sure someone will be along to help you soon :)

BTW

Welcome to the forums :)

NEONKNIGHT
22-11-2006, 20:56
See here for help connecting an xbox to a set top box:- http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=715

:angel:

maverick
22-11-2006, 20:58
Use a router and register the xbox via the pc,or clone the mac address of the pc onto the xbox,that way the stb will not know if its the pc or the xbox connected.

wafer_style
23-11-2006, 14:37
Well.. buddy u can have little luck with an XBOX and a STB . IS your friend on 1meg broadband ? .