PDA

View Full Version : Sending emails to Hotmail via NTL

Moncapitaan
21-11-2006, 19:53
Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems sending emails to users on Hotmail.

I keep getting the error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Client host rejected: Access denied

Is anyone else having problems with sending emails to hotmail?

Thanks

jonifen
21-11-2006, 21:20
I'm having problems receiving activation emails for sites and newsletters to my hotmail account (still waiting 48hrs later for one of them), yet when I register a second time sending them to my gmail account, they work fine and I get the email within seconds.

Underwoodd
22-11-2006, 12:15
I think that your Hotmail address has been blocked by the ISP on the person you have sent it to.

Do you get an error number?
Most Common Bounce Reasons:
• Message rejected: The mailserver used does not match the domain specified
• 450: Recipient address rejected: Domain not found
• 450: unknown[10.123.123.123] : Client host rejected: Too many mails sent!; from=<emaillist@domain.com>
• 500: Recipient address rejected: Recipient mailbox is full
• 503: Improper use of SMTP command pipelining
• 540: email@domain.com : Recipient address rejected: Your email has been returned because the intended recipient's email account has been suspended.
• 550: abcdefghijk@myway.com: User unknown
• 550: name.mail.domain.net[10.x.xxx.xx]: Client host rejected: More than X concurrent connections per subnet
• 554: unknown[10.xxx.xxx.xx]: Client host rejected: Access denied
• 554: Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [10.xxx.xx.xxx]; from=xxxxx@hotmail.com
• 554: Sender address rejected: Access denied
• 554: Service unavailable; [10.xxx.xx.xxx] blocked using relays.ordb.org, reason: This mail was handled by an open relay - please visit http://ORDB.org/lookup/?host=10.X.X.X
• 554: Relay access denied; from= to= - reject: header Subject: (Email Subject Line)
• Remote host said: 554 Service unavailable; [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] blocked using blackholes.myway.com

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Hi,

I am currently experiencing problems sending emails to users on Hotmail.

I keep getting the error:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Client host rejected: Access denied

Is anyone else having problems with sending emails to hotmail?

Thanks
Hope this info helps....

554: Sender address rejected: Access denied

Your message is being blocked by our site because it either had characteristics similar to "spam" (unsolicited commercial email), or you're sending your message from an Internet Service Provider (ISP) or email provider who has been identified as having allowed spam to be generated from their facilities. For the protection of our user, we do not deliver bulk, unsolicited emails to My Way Email accounts.

For example, it is possible that the subject line of the message in question may have been identified by our email servers as unsolicited commercial mail (AKA: Spam) and thus was returned. We ask that you retry sending your message with a different subject line. Please ensure that the subject line of the message does not contain more than 15 identical characters.

For instance, if a subject line contains 15 identical consecutive characters, such as 15 "a"s or 15 "!"s it may be rejected on our end.

However, if your ISP or email provider has been added to our block list, your email message to @myway.com will continue to be rejected or a bounced message will continue to be generated. If this is the case, please contact your email administrator, and ask them to contact us for further assistance.

Valerie
23-11-2006, 16:33
There have been problems with ntl & hotmail in the past (a search of this forum will show up various threads). Last time I had this problem I started using hotmail to send to other hotmail addresses, but haven't had the problem for a while now - seemed to resolve itself...

Moncapitaan
28-11-2006, 09:59
I am now getting the same problem with AOL email.

Just to confirm, I cannot email "any" hotmail or aol address.

I have done a SPAM DATABASE lookup and found that NTL has many IP netblocks listed :(

M

simbr
04-12-2006, 09:02
I have done a SPAM DATABASE lookup and found that NTL has many IP netblocks listed :(
Could you advised what IP addresses are listed?
Dynamically assigned IPs should be listed, mail servers should not.

Dawn Falcon
05-12-2006, 20:04
I've had issues with sending emails to AOL and Hotmail addresses, intermitently, for YEARS. I tend to advise people to get a gmail or yahoo account, if they want webmail. (Or set closer friends up with an email addy on my domain) - AOL/Hotmail just isn't reliable afaik.