PDA

View Full Version : £45 pounds for not giving 30 days notice ??

cisco9x
19-11-2006, 12:46
Ntl have decided to charge me £45 for disconnecting thier dialup service which was £15 per month, I decided to use fast4net for £7.99, I mean whats the point of paying broadband rates for a dialup service ?

I also switched from nt hell broadband at my work address to tiscali using uswitch £12.99, so now ntl can f*** off :td:

Tell all your fiends and colleagues not to use ntl

ntl, paypal, british gas sux

Jules
19-11-2006, 12:51
Was it before your 12 months was up?

Bill C
19-11-2006, 13:42
Ntl have decided to charge me £45 for disconnecting thier dialup service which was £15 per month, I decided to use fast4net for £7.99, I mean whats the point of paying broadband rates for a dialup service ?

I also switched from nt hell broadband at my work address to tiscali using uswitch £12.99, so now ntl can f*** off :td:

Very good balanced post and excellent use of the English language :tu: .

Paul K
19-11-2006, 13:47
If I knew any fiends personally, I would tell them ;)

Russ
19-11-2006, 15:12
Please don't try to get around our swear filter - it's there for a reason.

You get that one for free btw.

Toto
19-11-2006, 15:58
Very good balanced post and excellent use of the English language :tu: .

My thoughts exactly.:tu:

Stuart
19-11-2006, 17:17

:welcome: to the forum.

You'll find that a lot of companies insist on some sort of penalty payment if you leave without giving notice, or within the first twelve months of your contract.

BTW, good luck with Tiscali. You should see the amount of complaints they generate.

Wicked_and_Crazy
19-11-2006, 18:31
If I knew any fiends personally, I would tell them ;)

Come off it, you lived in westwood, you must know loads ;)

Paul K
19-11-2006, 19:16
Westwood is alright........... kind of...... lol

simbr
20-11-2006, 10:27
The only £15 package I'm aware of, unless you're rounding up, is the classic Freedom package and 30 days notice is required for cancellation. If you called to cancel partway into a billing month but before the previous months payment had been taken (bearing in mind that if you pay by Direct Debit then the payment takes 14 working days to process after the actual billing date on the system) then it is concevable that three further payments would be due since the classic package is billed in arrears and not pro-rated:

Telephone Elements of ntl Freedom Packages/Freedom Classic:
Subscription includes up to £15 worth of calls per month. Freedom Classic subscription charges are applied in full each month and cannot be pro-rated or refunded in the event of termination, upgrade or downgrade of services part way through a month.
http://secure.ntlfreedom.com/htmlfiles/what_you_need.htm

Red Skies
20-11-2006, 10:45
NTL "sux" because you broke your terms of agreement?:erm:

Bill C
20-11-2006, 12:40
NTL "sux" because you broke your terms of agreement?:erm:

Dont forget some think NTL are responable for all the problems in the world. :D

Vlad_Dracul
20-11-2006, 13:22

Dont you know that NTL stands for never terminate lines? You are verboten to leave NTL, they will not let you leave.

I gave written notice to terminate my BB account months ago. I was outside the 12 month contract, i wrote by recorded delivery,i tried to ring them but no one answered, i stopped payment via my excellent home banking service provider. A month later, no response, line still active. I rang them, had an in depth discussion about why new customers were more importnat than me and existing customers, got price reduction,never lost service,no acknowledgment of cancellation..you will not leave NTL,escpae is futile!!

gavin pullen
20-11-2006, 20:06
I was going to leave ntl phoned them told them that it was to expensive for me atm and they halfed my monthly fes i was paying for the services i got hence the reason im still with them getting a great deal atm