PDA

View Full Version : 2Mb Upgrade - Peterborough

SimpleSimon
18-11-2006, 18:24
I'm in Peterborough. Can anyone who lives here confirm if they have been upgraded from 1Mb to 2Mb yet. If you have then I will ring NTL to get my Pace STB changed so as I can get the new speed.

Simon

jellybaby
18-11-2006, 21:51
I believe my neighbour has been upgraded to 2Mb. He's got a samsung box

opelfruitcase
19-11-2006, 02:36
Those that have an old Pace STB haven't automatically upgraded to the best of my knowledge unless they request it. Thus if your an old broadband through the stb customer and you've a Pace box, your only gonna get the 1Mb service and thats it. I would recommend calling to upgrade to a SACM.

AndyCambs
19-11-2006, 02:59
I'm in Peterborough - and I've been upgraded from 2 - 4.

Either SACM or a nice new shiny Samsung STB which is better...

bobby.black
19-11-2006, 09:29
In the P.Boro area, so can confirm that I was upgraded from 1Mb to 2Mb sometime in September. But I am on a SACM, all this happened automatically. Hope this helps.

SimpleSimon
19-11-2006, 10:00
Thanks for the replys guys. Looks like I will be calling NTL this week to get a SACM and get upgraded.

Simon

Wicked_and_Crazy
19-11-2006, 11:59
I'm in Peterborough - and I've been upgraded from 2 - 4.

Either SACM or a nice new shiny Samsung STB which is better...

Same here. But i have a SACM and and Samsung STB ;)

SimpleSimon
20-11-2006, 20:15
Ok, I have just called NTL and I have an engineer booked for 2nd Dec. The only problem may be that I now have a seperate Broadband account. So I will wait and see if they can mess that part up.

Simon

opelfruitcase
21-11-2006, 17:42
Ok, I have just called NTL and I have an engineer booked for 2nd Dec. The only problem may be that I now have a seperate Broadband account. So I will wait and see if they can mess that part up.

Simon

Thats correct. You shouldn't have any issues with the seperate billing of the broadband, should be pretty much straight forward.

SimpleSimon
02-12-2006, 13:48
UPDATE

I was due an engineer today to fit a SACM. Appointment was between 8am and 1pm. At 1:30 rang NTL to find out why the engineer had not turned up to be told that due to the upgrade to the NTL systems ALL callouts that require provisioning have been cancelled. He apologised but said I should have been informed by phone or letter. I have had neither. I am livid :mad:. To add insult to injury he stated that I would have to ring them on the 6th/7th Dec to arrange a new visit. Too right I will be ringing them and not only asking for a new visit ASAP but I will also be asking for suitable compensation.

Talking of compensation, am I right in saying that NTL charge us £25 if we are not there when the engineer visits. If that is correct then that is what I will be asking for as a minimum plus I will try and get some free months of broadband.

Right that feels better. I think I will now go out and do some shopping that I could have done this morning.

Simon

opelfruitcase
03-12-2006, 15:03
Its normally a tenner they will charge if your not at home. Unlikely they'll give you any free broadband - they'll probably give it to you half price for 3 months or something along those lines...

SimpleSimon
06-12-2006, 14:42
UPDATE No 2

Ok just got off the phone to CS. Apart from getting an appt to install the modem this Saturday they were useless(They originally were offering 18th Dec). Although the system has been upgraded the CS bod was in his words unable to give me any compensation. In fact he was adament that the only way I could try to get some would be to send a letter of complaint to Customer Concern. Too right I will be sending them a letter and they had better be forthcoming with some dosh thats all I will say.

On the off chance does any one know of a phone contact to try and get some compensation.

Simon

SimpleSimon
09-12-2006, 17:18
UPDATE No 3

Ok I can now report that the engineer turned up today on time and completed the job of fitting the SACM in less than 1/2 hr, he also fitted an attenuator to the TV feed as the signal was high. As far as the install side goes everything was excellent. All I have to do now is send Customer Concern a letter and see how much compensation they will give me for the missed appointment.

Simon

Paul K
09-12-2006, 18:15
I'll guess nothing or just a reduced price BB for a set number of months.

Wicked_and_Crazy
09-12-2006, 18:32
Now you have a SACM and a STB you will have two accounts. Make sure the TV bill shows a seconmd STB (the SACM) and a refund for the same amount.

This went wrong when my SACM was installed

SimpleSimon
10-12-2006, 13:10
I've already had a credit for 3rd Dec to 6th Dec from last months broadband, and no charge at all for broadband for this coming month on the TV bill, so looks good so far, just need to wait for the first new broadband bill.

Simon

SimpleSimon
23-12-2006, 10:52
Final Update

I sent a letter of complaint to NTL and today received a letter offering me 1 months free broadband. The letter also apologised for the problems I experienced.

I am now happy, I have 2mb and some money.

Simon