PDA

View Full Version : can you get ntl broadband in GU46?

sneakerbeater
16-11-2006, 13:11
hello cable forum! n00b here! :wavey:

i've just moved in to yateley, hampshire and i have been tring to get ntl broadband. when i try the ntl website or phone up the sale line, they tell me that broadband is not available in my area. this is all very strange as the previous owner of the house had ntl broadband. i saw his modem and talked about the fact i was keen to have ntl broadband, but not the telephone or tv service.

can anyone out there confirm that broadband is available to GU46, or more specifically GU46 6PS?

what step do i need to take to make ntl recognise my house is in a broadband area?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

cheers

anduin
16-11-2006, 13:15
Uswitch.com claims you can get NTL
but ntl site say you cant

If you saw the moedm come out of the house, can you see the wiring on the outside of the house ( the little box ) ?

simbr
16-11-2006, 13:24
Well, the postcode data says all services available, but there is no premise level data. Someone who deals with cable services could probably tell you more, but you're best just calling sales on 0845 454 0000.

sneakerbeater
16-11-2006, 13:28
i've got running into the house a black ntl wire which goes the the tv/radio splitter. and a separate white coaxial wire to where the broadband modem went. i'll have to have a look where these wires go outside of the house when i get back there.

cheers!