PDA

View Full Version : BBC Advert for PS3

TheBlueRaja
13-11-2006, 13:16
I saw this advert (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6142782.stm) for the PS3 on the BBC.

Now away and read that then come back here... ;)

Having only played the PS3 for a day, my initial thoughts are that it is absolutely sensational.

Wow - he loves it!

The wireless controller, on-screen format and graphics quality is nothing like any other console I have used.

:dozey:

However, with only five games to choose from, I ended up purchasing Ridge Racer 7 and Gundam: Target in Sight - games which do not appeal to me, but were better than the other three. :rofl:

Lack of game choice is definitely something that needs to be rectified, otherwise there will be lots of gamers getting very bored with the ones they have right now.

Remember this console is SENSATIONAL!

It goes without saying that the graphics and playability were phenomenal

Obviously given that you hated the games you bought.

but the real winner for me was the network gaming aspect which was very easy to use.

Wow - all that money for Network gaming. :D (With what game he dose'nt specify)

This truely is a woeful bit of journalism on behalf of the BBC, im sure the console is great and all but jesus - you can tell he's fed up with it already with the games he's got. After all - that IS what its about - right?

Damien
13-11-2006, 13:20
It says its a fans view? Whats the problem

Hugh
13-11-2006, 13:30
Perhaps TBR thinks the "fan" was a Sony plant.

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-11-2006, 13:31
At the end of the day its just ANOTHER console with better graphics than the last one. Why do people feel the need to buy a new console just so they can play exactly the same game but with better graphics?

Surely its time people voted with their wallets and wait for a new concept in gaming, the Wii is trying something different and i expect it to sell because of that

Damien
13-11-2006, 13:32
At the end of the day its just ANOTHER console with better graphics than the last one. Why do people feel the need to buy a new console just so they can play exactly the same game but with better graphics?

Surely its time people voted with their wallets and wait for a new concept in gaming, the Wii is trying something different and i expect it to sell because of that

:D 4 weeks to go

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-11-2006, 13:34
:D 4 weeks to go

i had a play on one at the weekend ;)

Damien
13-11-2006, 13:36
Woah! Where? was it good?

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-11-2006, 13:39
Woah! Where? was it good?

They had a stand at Olympia at the weekend.

Yep, was pretty good, shame the controllers kept dying (batteries i believe)
Getting four adults together to play doubles tennis is funny and DANGEROUS!!

Damien
13-11-2006, 13:45
dam it, missed it

Bah gets a while to get to london from here anyway

punky
13-11-2006, 13:53
I like the bit about the controller "is nothing like any other console I have used."

Its a wireless PS2 controller isn't it?

Graham M
13-11-2006, 14:01
Yep without Rumble.

popper
13-11-2006, 14:04

well its a new console thats based on the latest PPC core and plays your HD videos, has a real OS installed and usable for anything computer related apparently.

im waiting for someone to give a full report on how the YellowDog5 OS performs and how it copes with home made HD content both as a player and a server of video, anyone importing one before the official release here?.

if its as open and usable as iv been lead to beleave then its something i might consider, the 360 is looking less and less usable with its HD-DVD add-on every day now , cool enough for the kids gaming but not for me i think.

TheBlueRaja
13-11-2006, 14:11
It says its a fans view? Whats the problem

No problem, i just found it a terrible piece.

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:10 ----------

Perhaps TBR thinks the "fan" was a Sony plant.

I've no idea, just found it funny. :D

Bill C
13-11-2006, 18:46
Is this the console that needs a small power station in your garden. :)

sir_drinks_alot
13-11-2006, 20:25
Not really a Advert for PS3 tho just fans view

Wicked_and_Crazy
13-11-2006, 21:48
well its a new console thats based on the latest PPC core and plays your HD videos, has a real OS installed and usable for anything computer related apparently.

who cares whats under the lid, its still going to have the same sort of games as the previous generations just with better graphics

Damien
13-11-2006, 21:58
Xbox 360, Playstation 3. Same games in the end. It is all about the games. Not the OS, The 'engine' or the network! What do you have a PC for?

Its about the fun :)

smileynum1
03-12-2006, 20:12
Xbox 360, Playstation 3. Same games in the end. It is all about the games. Not the OS, The 'engine' or the network! What do you have a PC for?

Its about the fun :)

Too right it is mate, i loved my PS2 to pieces but sadly as it was one of the first bunch to be released it died on me back in March this year (2006) it lasted a good few years but eventually couldnt hold on anymore, with months passed i have found that it was never about the graphics but more the entertainment (i knew this anyway) so i began playing budget PC games Operation Flashpoint for one (which kicks butt!) and half life, now being quite dated but loving every second.

Despite these facts i intend on getting a new slimline PS2 christmas time. And maybe for the first time i shall play some games online :D so i dont care that maybe in the next two years the slimline PS2 will look "dated" or maybe even retro :Yikes: ill still love it.

P.S. the concept of the Wii (appropriately named "we") is awesome, and would be great. Cant wait to play it!

andygrif
04-12-2006, 09:55
I saw this advert (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6142782.stm) for the PS3 on the BBC.

<snip>

This truely is a woeful bit of journalism on behalf of the BBC, im sure the console is great and all but jesus - you can tell he's fed up with it already with the games he's got. After all - that IS what its about - right?

It's not an advert for a couple of reasons, first of which is that you can't actually buy one here yet. Secondly it's a review, which from the start says it's written by a Japanese fan. Those two words together should indicate that it's not exactly going to be an unbiased precis I would have thought.

TheBlueRaja
04-12-2006, 10:52
It's not an advert for a couple of reasons, first of which is that you can't actually buy one here yet. Secondly it's a review, which from the start says it's written by a Japanese fan. Those two words together should indicate that it's not exactly going to be an unbiased precis I would have thought.

Never heard of hype then, you know how a company can big up an item which the end user cat get so that they lust over it even more.

hatedbythemail
04-12-2006, 10:57
ever heard of unjustified bbc bashing tbr? :)

TheBlueRaja
04-12-2006, 12:21
ever heard of unjustified bbc bashing tbr? :)

Well, normally i stick up for the Beeb, they are really good, but that was a really bad piece and deserved to be picked up.