PDA

View Full Version : NTL 250 Modem (Vertical stand)

jonifen
11-11-2006, 23:48
When the engineers install an NTL 250 modem, they should give you the stand to put under the modem (to stand it up vertically) shouldn't they?

I got one when ours was installed, yet my girlfriend's mum didn't when they installed hers and customer services say that they don't come with stands in the first place (yet mine clearly did!)

How would she go about getting hold of one of these so she can prop the modem up vertically instead of laying it flat on the table?

Bill C
11-11-2006, 23:53
When the engineers install an NTL 250 modem, they should give you the stand to put under the modem (to stand it up vertically) shouldn't they?

I got one when ours was installed, yet my girlfriend's mum didn't when they installed hers and customer services say that they don't come with stands in the first place (yet mine clearly did!)

How would she go about getting hold of one of these so she can prop the modem up vertically instead of laying it flat on the table?

I honestly think they do not supply them anymore. I have not seen one in ages.

dragon
12-11-2006, 00:07

my uncle had BB installed about 2 weeks ago and his 250 came with the vertical stand in the box :tu:

although i did notice the 250 is a little light and the weight of the cable is enough to make it want to lift up at the front if its not posisoned just right!

jonifen
12-11-2006, 00:08
That would certainly explain it then!
We got ours at the end of July this year and my girlfriend's mum got her modem at the end of August/early September, so it looks like a case of just too late!!

Cheers for the quick reply Bill C :)

edit:
my uncle had BB installed about 2 weeks ago and his 250 came with the vertical stand in the box :tu:

although i did notice the 250 is a little light and the weight of the cable is enough to make it want to lift up at the front if its not posisoned just right!
Perhaps it depends on where the stock comes from?
Also, I agree about the weight thing, but I find if I wedge the cable a bit down the back of the table and the wall, it works fine :)

RXP
12-11-2006, 10:02
I didn't get one, so ended up blutacking it to the wall!

Enuff
12-11-2006, 10:19
They didn't leave me one either, I only realised it after he drove off!.

ludditeal
12-11-2006, 10:50
Literally half an hour ago I had a modem swap from a Terayon to an NTL:250 which was brand new in the box and according to the label shipped to the engineer on the 3rd of November. This came with a stand.
Cheers
Allan