PDA

View Full Version : Freeview help needed!!!

pwbaines
08-11-2006, 09:47
Hi I own a new Hyundai Q261 lcd tv with intergrated freeview. I am having a couple of issues with the freeview side of it:
1............The time sent by freeview is out by 2 hours (in front of the real current time) EPG!
2............The local BBC news is based on London and I live in Preston!
Can anyone help please?
Paul

iain_herts
11-11-2006, 20:46
the reason why you might me getting The local BBC news is based on London is because ur aerial maybe faceing cristal palce instead of ur local transmitter

Creative
11-11-2006, 21:41
Not in Preston! I'd say that the reason you are getting London news is a fault with the switching of the feed to your local transmitter. Likely a short term problem.
The time is likely to be a set up fault with your TV. The TDT and TOT DVB tables are the info which tells your STB or in this case TV what time it is. Maybe your TV is set up to think its in an area with an offset from GMT? Does the time displayed vary depending on whether you are watching ITV or BBC? If not then the issue is with your TV, as I cant see the Beeb and ITV/Arqiva making the same mistake.

Chris Worthy
12-11-2006, 12:11
If it was not a switching fault between the feeds (although it has happened before down here( I see the OP's post was made in the morning, don't they show on news 24 in the morning the London news during Breakfast at the same time as BBC1 showing the local news

Central
12-11-2006, 18:57
the reason why you might me getting The local BBC news is based on London is because ur aerial maybe faceing cristal palce instead of ur local transmitter

Crystal palace is some 200 miles from Preston.

And I would not of thought if Winter Hill was down it would of pushed out BBC London. I thought Emley Moor would of been the logical choice for a back up

Creative
12-11-2006, 20:22
Crystal palace is some 200 miles from Preston.

And I would not of thought if Winter Hill was down it would of pushed out BBC London. I thought Emley Moor would of been the logical choice for a back up
When the wrong news goes out, its often because a BBC switch didn't occur to feed the local opt out to the transmitter.

pwbaines
20-11-2006, 11:27
When the wrong news goes out, its often because a BBC switch didn't occur to feed the local opt out to the transmitter.

Hi all!
I seem to have located the problem! I was watching BBC NEWS 24 which by default shows BBC LONDON NEWS by default! So that ends this thread...............but I still have problems with the time on the Hyundai Q261 EPG which shows 1 hour ahead of the current time. Any ideas (The TV has been reset to default settings and the time set to the real UK time!)
;)

Stuart
20-11-2006, 11:59
It sounds like that clock on the TV has been set to Daylight Savings Time.

pwbaines
21-11-2006, 15:37
It sounds like that clock on the TV has been set to Daylight Savings Time.

Hi nope I have checked that !! Its not the clock (the one the user can set!) unless there's another one i don't know about?
Paul:dunce: :confused: