PDA

View Full Version : Had cable modem installed today!!

neoapple
07-11-2006, 18:42
Well bright and early like 8:30am NTL tech came to install my cable modem w00t

Very nice guy. Although he don't work for NTL, he works for telewest (i know same company) and was drafted nto my area as apparently high work load in my area.
A very nice guy. Nice job as well. Mike, Mike something like that.
Then at 12:00 ish another ntl guy came, it was his senior. Came to check the work etc.

Is this normal?

Also many thanks to the tech guy as well!

Slyder
07-11-2006, 19:20
Is this normal?

Not that I know of. I have personally had 2 installs and sat in on 3 while staying on site for well over 5hrs after the original installer has left with no other chap turning up to "check the work"

He may just be checking because as you have said it wasnt the installers normal area. :confused:

Graham M
07-11-2006, 19:25
As far as I know, they check every X installs to make sure everything went ok

Justy
07-11-2006, 19:27
Well bright and early like 8:30am NTL tech came to install my cable modem w00t

Very nice guy. Although he don't work for NTL, he works for telewest (i know same company) and was drafted nto my area as apparently high work load in my area.
A very nice guy. Nice job as well. Mike, Mike something like that.
Then at 12:00 ish another ntl guy came, it was his senior. Came to check the work etc.

Is this normal?

Also many thanks to the tech guy as well!

Yes.. this is ntl's policy. Engineers can have 40% of their work checked to ensure it meets with company regulations and to make sure the new customer is 100% satisfied!

neoapple
07-11-2006, 19:39
Well the tech guy was very nice and explaied everything very well, and checked everything

Justy
07-11-2006, 19:42
Well the tech guy was very nice and explaied everything very well, and checked everything

Enjoy the service my friend.. :)

Jules
07-11-2006, 20:39
Glad it went well and as already been said yes it is normal for someone to come round later to check everything is ok

neoapple
07-11-2006, 21:03
I might phone CS and say this eng that came to my place needs thanking. One of the best i had. Sat down talked us through everything etc. Stated what he was going to do, and done it. So i understood exactly what he was doing

nho1993
07-11-2006, 22:28
yea i must say my NTL installer last year was nice to, talked us through, he had some machine that detects for ntl cable around the house and detected some in my roof, so he joined the outside to the cable in the roof and drilled a whole in my celling to come down into my bedroom from the NTL box downstairs, job was about 2 hours

d0pey
08-11-2006, 11:38
I have never really had a problem with any engineers except one who didnt finish a job and told he would come back the next day but he was sacked on the Saturday morning for turning into work beak'd off his head!

neoapple
10-11-2006, 09:55
Well yesterday had a visit from ntl's area manager!!! Oh yes :)
Apparently came round to check the work (someone miscomunication in NTL). Doing so he made sure the box etc were correct and so on.
Well he was like how old is that thing (pointining to my rather original STB) We are like it's the original one.... he takes serial number and conferms this. So he then arranged for an eng to come out on monday and replace it for us :) I hope we get a samsong :)

fireman328
10-11-2006, 10:46
Well yesterday had a visit from ntl's area manager!!! Oh yes :)
Apparently came round to check the work (someone miscomunication in NTL). Doing so he made sure the box etc were correct and so on.
Well he was like how old is that thing (pointining to my rather original STB) We are like it's the original one.... he takes serial number and conferms this. So he then arranged for an eng to come out on monday and replace it for us :) I hope we get a samsong :)

Don't hold your breath, I have been trying to get a new box, present one is a PACE original, so that I can take advantage of 2 meg. Answer from NTL "you will have to wait until your box breaks down". :(

neoapple
10-11-2006, 11:34
well the thing is the last eng tht came to install cable modem said you need a new box

As my current one is plain dead. Watching a channel then wham goes black then comes back 5-10 seconds later. Slow to respond to channels. When you change channel sometimes it shows all other channels as displaying the channel guide from the channel you were on. (thats a pain i can tell you)
VOD loves to cut out, as well as you pause and the sound dont match up with the faces