PDA

View Full Version : Moving Home - Don't Use the Website

Pieman
06-11-2006, 14:03
Hi All

Just come off the phone from ntl Moving Home dept.

Had submitted my details via the Moving Home website on Friday and had a couple of follow up questions.

Received the automated email saying we've received the request and we'll be in contact.

Problem number 1 - the phone numbers for contacting ntl are 0800 052 2000 and 0800 052 0971

When I get through the agent says no record of transfer on your account.

Go through the details and she says OK - engineer will visit you on the 22nd Nov between 1 and 6. Not bad considering I'm being disconnected on the 17th!!!!!!

When I filled the website form in I asked for the 18th PM. That's not available etc etc

Then asked could I keep the phone number - she said how far we moving which is 5 miles and said no it's too far.

Then I asked to go to a team leader and in transferring me she cut me off!

Interesting enough - the agent said that you shouldn't use the web site because it doesn't work...........so much for progress!

:grind:

MovedGoalPosts
06-11-2006, 16:28
It does seem that ntl's website ordering system integration with their other systems is a major point of failure. Too often those who have problems with installs seem to have problems, as well as the house moves. My view is always to phone ntl, and hten if necesary, especially for service cancellations, follow that up with a recorded delivery letter.

I'm not sure if anything has changed, but the ntl t&cs do say you have to give 30 days notice to cancel services. Effectively a house move is a closure of one acccount and setting up another. Thus you were being a bit optomistic hoping for the 18th.

Pieman
06-11-2006, 16:55
Thanks for that Rob - but they ask for 10 working days for moving house and as the normal gap between Exchange and Completion is 2 weeks you can't do a lot more!

MovedGoalPosts
06-11-2006, 17:27
Rock, and Hard Place, spring to mind :(

Pieman
10-11-2006, 13:33
Rock and a rock more like......

5 different people now...........two failed call backs........but Things have progressed - I have got the install date moved forward. Waiting for a TLead call back.