PDA

View Full Version : GU16 Constant loss of service.

darkone338
06-11-2006, 09:38
Hi,

I'm just wondering if some of the people from my area who had Terajet modems and had them replaced because of the QAM256 upgrade issue, could tell me what the trick was to get anyone in tech Support to listen to them ?

Ive spent the last 2 days talking to tech support, to be constantly told its my pc, its my mac, its my router, unplug this, reinstall that.
Each time i call back, I get a new guy who seems to know nothing about my previous calls and starts from the top of his rap sheet again...

Frustrating is not the word. I was even told yesterday it was a network problem and to wait until early evening and call back then... Of course it wasnt....

At present, I am virtually unable to do anything productive with my connection. By the time say news.bbc.co.uk loads, the connection has dropped, the cable light is flashing away and everything grinds to a halt until it renegotiates a few minutes later.

If anyone can help me out, I'd apprecaite it.

Regards

Stuart

MovedGoalPosts
06-11-2006, 11:15
Phone again, ask them to check their logs of the last calls you made reporting the same fault. If there is no log of the calls, ask them why, and get a reference number for this call. Now say it's clear there is something wrong and you won't be happy with anything other than an engineer coming out.

Oh, and don't even mention to the tech people that yo uhave a router. Disconnect it before you make the call, of course haveing made sure theat the fault repeats itself when the router isn't present.

darkone338
07-11-2006, 12:23
thanks for the tip rob, phoned back and suprisingly got straight through to the UK guys, who couldnt have been more helpful... ran some test for packet loss, identified that rather quickly and booked an engineer for this morning. Terajet out, 250 in and all the problems have been rectified.

Good job NTL!