PDA

View Full Version : Any big Arsenal Fans on here?

TheBlueRaja
04-11-2006, 23:09
I ask as we have a youngster on loan with us (Falkirk FC) at the moment until Christmas (hopefully until the end of the season as we have the option apparently) called Anthony Stokes.

The guy is 18 years old and my word what a player this boy is, im chuffed to bits that he's currently the highest scorer in the SPL at the moment, has just won the Young Player of the month award, scored two hat tricks in two successive games (a first for any player since the inception of the SPL) but devastated that ultimately, he's not ours.

This guy is one for the future and should be knocking on your first team door soon when he gets back down south.

Lucky Bar stewards - you heard it here first...

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2006/11/19.jpg

danielf
04-11-2006, 23:12
<snip>

Lucky Bar stewards - you heard it here first...

It would appear they heard it at Arsenal even earlier? ;)

The Jackal
04-11-2006, 23:13
Arsenal wannabe : I have to drive past the emirates stadium most days but my nephew is so I play along :)

TheDaddy
30-11-2006, 13:24
Looks like you won't have him much longer

Celtic will offer Arsenal £1m for striker Anthony Stokes, who is currently on loan at Falkirk. (The Independent)

TheBlueRaja
30-11-2006, 15:05
Posted on our fan site by an Arsenal fan:-

First of all, it cost Arsenal 1million to sign him and Liam Brady (I think) will have a big influence on any decision regarding Stokes that Wenger makes.
Celtics have no chance. The only way Stokes is sold is for a fee in excess of 6 million pounds...and that's not even including any sell on clauses.
I'm sure he'll get a shot at the first team at Arsenal before any moves regarding him are made. But blimey, why should Arsenal sell him...he's only turned 18 in the Summer.
If a player is on his way out...it's usually when he's 20-21 years old and hasn't cracked the first team.
Stokes has still got 2 years....and I'm sure he'll make it.

However another one wrote:-

There was a report in a newspaper here in Dublin yesterday which said Arsenal had told Falkirk they would decide on Stokes future in mid-december. Would possibly suggest that Arsenal are interested in offloading him in the January sales and are waiting to see if any teams inicate an interest in the player. Celtic are being strongly linked in the Irish papers with a new year bid.

Also Strachan has been watching him...

I really hope not, it would be another great talent wasted on those bigoted swine's.

Saaf_laandon_mo
30-11-2006, 15:12
Where's all the arsenal fans? not making any noise after last night hahahahhaha

orangebird
30-11-2006, 15:41
Indeed not. Probably hiding in shame after being well & truly trounced by the wonderful & ruddy gorgeous Coleman and his black and white army. :D:D:D:D

Even more satisfying than when they beat Chelsea 1-0 last season :rofl: :rofl:

TheDaddy
30-11-2006, 16:18
It never ceases to amaze how big Spurs fans mouths are considering you have won nothing for decades, you achieved nothing last year, you'll do the same this year unless you consider avoiding relegation a success.

orangebird
30-11-2006, 16:26
It never ceases to amaze how big Spurs fans mouths are considering you have won nothing for decades, you achieved nothing last year, you'll do the same this year unless you consider avoiding relegation a success.

What's done is done as far as past seasons go. I could be bitter about handing the **** a place in Europe due to food poisoning, but what's the point? :)

TheDaddy
30-11-2006, 16:41
What's done is done as far as past seasons go. I could be bitter about handing the **** a place in Europe due to food poisoning, but what's the point? :)

You are right it's pointless comparing the two, one can keep their star player out of the clutches of the best footballing team on the planet, where as the other can't keep one of their better players out of Manchester ;)

orangebird
30-11-2006, 16:47
You are right it's pointless comparing the two, one can keep their star player out of the clutches of the best footballing team on the planet,

But is it a case of knowing if you defect to Chelski/Real don't win nothing (delete as appropriate), you might end up on the bench half the time, or favouring always starting for the first team of the club you're currently at (as opposed to staying out of loyalty and love for the club...) ?

where as the other can't keep one of their better players out of Manchester ;)

I knowm, sodding judas. :mad: ;)

TheDaddy
30-11-2006, 16:59
But is it a case of knowing if you defect to Chelski/Real don't win nothing (delete as appropriate), you might end up on the bench half the time, or favouring always starting for the first team of the club you're currently at (as opposed to staying out of loyalty and love for the club...) ?

I knowm, sodding judas. :mad: ;)

Banter aside, I agree people like Henry, Shearer, Viera and Gerrard should be applauded for their loyalty, it's all to uncommon in the modern game.

As for Carrick, well at least he stayed half a season to try and put right the relegation, when all our 'stars' were being sold all I thought was good, all but Glen Johnson played the entire season and instead of demanding transfers and saying that they had out grown the club in interviews, they should have hung their heads, begged for forgiveness and left their futures in the clubs hands, sadly though football isn't like that anymore, like most things, change hasn't been for the better.

pedantic
30-11-2006, 17:04
Banter aside, I agree people like Henry, Shearer, Viera and Gerrard should be applauded for their loyalty, it's all to uncommon in the modern game.

While I mostly agree with you there, wasn't it Gerrard who wouldn't commit his future to Liverpool, before he knew the outcome of their champions league final against AC Milan ?

TheDaddy
30-11-2006, 17:13
While I mostly agree with you there, wasn't it Gerrard who wouldn't commit his future to Liverpool, before he knew the outcome of their champions league final against AC Milan ?

Who knows the truth? They said the same about Henry and they lost, he stayed, every year Real Madrid had agreed a deal for Viera before Arsenal decided to sell him so who knows you might be right, the thing these 'super stars' need to be reminded of is that the grass isn't always greener, it's certainly something someone should remind young Ronaldo of, when Madrid come serenading him again in the summer.

pedantic
30-11-2006, 17:16
I'm sure I heard Gerrard say he was waiting until after the champions league final, before making a decision. Mind you, I suppose it's down to interpretation, you know what the media is like lol.

TheBlueRaja
06-12-2006, 11:19
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/6207202.stm

Unless Arsene Wenger says that I am in the first team or first team squad then I am better playing regularly here

Young Player of the Month in the SPL 2 months in a Row, still the SPL's top scorer, wants to stay with us...

Please let it be so Mr Wegner - i'll beg if you insist...

TheDaddy
14-12-2006, 21:11
Please let it be so Mr Wegner - i'll beg if you insist...

Looks like you might get an extra present this year ;)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has ruled out selling Nicklas Bendtner, who is on loan at Birmingham, and Anthony Stokes, who is on loan at Falkirk. (Daily Star)

gazzae
05-01-2007, 16:50
Apparently he is off to Charlton for £2.7m

TheBlueRaja
06-01-2007, 15:42
Apparently the IRA supporting half of Glasgow have tabled a bid for stokes at the last minute and that he was at Septic Park this morning.

Dear god please no - goto Charlton mate...

pedantic
08-01-2007, 17:13
Somebody in this thread is not going to be a happy bunny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/6235101.stm

TheBlueRaja
08-01-2007, 17:20
Nah, not really, it was great while it lasted and good luck to the Lad, there was no way we could have matched anything like the offer he got from Sunderland and the boy did us proud while he was here.

I'll be keeping an eye on him as i suspect this is not the last we'll be hearing of Stokesy!

One of the best players i've seen to pull on a Falkirk shirt and quite frankly im stunned Arsenal let him go.

Ohhh Tony Tony! :nworthy:

mike24
08-01-2007, 19:15
Hi
The lad had no chance breaking into the first team, as we have four strikers allready, it's a shame but good luck to him.
michael:)

TheBlueRaja
08-01-2007, 20:13
Hi
The lad had no chance breaking into the first team, as we have four strikers allready, it's a shame but good luck to him.
michael:)

I would have still thought that he could have been loaned out to another Premiership club like Charlton (as was proposed at one point) and kept in the Arsenal ranks.

I've seen the boy play - its a big loss to Arsenal as far as im concerned.

TheDaddy
08-01-2007, 21:01
I would have still thought that he could have been loaned out to another Premiership club like Charlton (as was proposed at one point) and kept in the Arsenal ranks.

I've seen the boy play - its a big loss to Arsenal as far as im concerned.

If he was going to make it there they'd have kept him, they have done him a favour, you can't develop properly on loan some where and you certainly can't in the reserves.

Hugh
08-01-2007, 21:40
Heard a funny line on national radio this morning.

DJ - I hear Glasgow Rangers are having their end-of-season function this week-end.

BBKing
10-01-2007, 22:00
Sometimes you can't keep all the good young players - there are one or two good ex-Arsenal lads around the world, but that's the way it is. I suspect that only one out of the three strikers we loaned out (Lupoli, Bendtner and Stokes) is going to make it and it's Bendtner, who's got two goals for the full Danish national side already. He's a bit like Shearer with pace.

DJ - I hear Glasgow Rangers are having their end-of-season function this week-end.

It's been called off - apparently Liverpool had already booked the venue :)

smicer07
10-01-2007, 22:03
Except that we're still in the Champion's League obviously ;)

BBKing
11-01-2007, 00:54
Haven't you heard? Barca are going to play their reserves at Anfield.

You better watch out...

gazzae
12-04-2007, 13:53
So Stokes hasn't done much since he joined Sunderland. What is it now, one goal in ten games? Is this proof of how poor the Scottish leagues are? ;)

TheBlueRaja
12-04-2007, 13:54
I was thinking that myself to be honest gazzae.

I did hear that the boy has not been feeling too happy there though and has had a couple of run ins with the law.

Hope its not the case, we treated him well at Falkirk and kept him away from all that sort of thing.

The boy is an awesome talent and i have no idea why he's not shining at Sunderland.

gazzae
12-04-2007, 14:02
If I remember he was one of the guys who Keane dropped for being late for the bus. In fact I think the bus left without them and they had to make their own way to the game.

Haven't heard of any trouble with the law but I imagine if he was he wouldn't be there much longer. Keane doesn't seem to be standing for any nonsense. Look at the guys involved in the sex tape, he shipped them out pretty sharpish.

TheBlueRaja
12-04-2007, 14:04
I'd heard it was something to do with a new car he had bought (and managed to write off almost immediately), don't know much more than that though.

That was the rumour anyway..