PDA

View Full Version : NTL sucks!!!

inviroman
01-11-2006, 23:07
I HAVE NOW CALLED C/S 10 TIMES IN ONE WEEK AND HAD TWO ENGINEERS VISIT MY HOUSE AND CHANGE THE MODEM BB TECH SUPPORT IN INDIA DO NOT HAVE A CLUE SAME OLD STORY EVERY TIME AND NO RESULST I HAVE BEEN A LONG NTL CUSTOMER AND THE AMOUNT OF BULL THAT I HAVE BEEN GIVEN ON THE PHONE BY C/S IS A JOKE IF THEY DONT SORT IT IN 24HRS THEY CAN STICK THE TV/PHONE/BB WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE
i HAVE NOW HAD ENOUGH OF THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND NOT GIVING ANY SORT OF SERVICE

Shaun
01-11-2006, 23:31
NTL SUCKS!!!

Yes :)

Graham M
01-11-2006, 23:56
You need to buy a new keyboard while you're at it...

dev
02-11-2006, 01:11
You need to buy a new keyboard while you're at it...

not to mention to learn to say whats wrong :p

MovedGoalPosts
02-11-2006, 01:16
OK, please don't shout (type in capitals), it's hard to read, and won't actually help get your issue solved.

What exactly is the problem that you've had to make so many calls for?

AndrewJ
02-11-2006, 02:15
Could you typer larger please I am having issues seeing it from Pluto :D

inviroman
02-11-2006, 23:41
ok first keyboard is working fine and pluto is a long way away sorry about the shouting but you must understand the frustration that i have been having i am on the 10meg service and for 3 weeks the service has been poor to say the least 1-2 meg if i am lucky called c/s and have been told all sorts of faults that have been wrong and still no result 2 engineer visits and no change the last engineer even gave me his phone number and has been trying to get the matter resolved still with no result the call centre in india has even told me thats its my pc at fault (what all 3 of them!!) and the amount of problems i have been told that have been wrong is beyond a joke they dont even know about the 20meg trial or traffic shaping even the engineer didnt know
i now had a ne cable run from the cab to my house and ito my house and 2 modems and the signal boosted to the max and still the same this must prove that there is a network fault which ntl say that there is not

homealone
03-11-2006, 00:31
sorry, but the thread title will only attract people with an agenda against NTL, not any one inclined to help.

Your last post is more focused on the actual problem, but, as the thread title will have already alienated anyone who may be able to actually do anything about your problem, i.e. NTL staff, I don't have much hope you will get any resolution?

If you worked for NTL & saw a ranting shouted post with a title like that. would you want to help?

There are some extremely helpful people from NTL posting on this site, you will not engage their generosity by insulting them, imo ;)

Justy
04-11-2006, 23:06
ok first keyboard is working fine and pluto is a long way away sorry about the shouting but you must understand the frustration that i have been having i am on the 10meg service and for 3 weeks the service has been poor to say the least 1-2 meg if i am lucky called c/s and have been told all sorts of faults that have been wrong and still no result 2 engineer visits and no change the last engineer even gave me his phone number and has been trying to get the matter resolved still with no result the call centre in india has even told me thats its my pc at fault (what all 3 of them!!) and the amount of problems i have been told that have been wrong is beyond a joke they dont even know about the 20meg trial or traffic shaping even the engineer didnt know
i now had a ne cable run from the cab to my house and ito my house and 2 modems and the signal boosted to the max and still the same this must prove that there is a network fault which ntl say that there is not

As you say - it's a 20 meg TRIAL.. why would they know? It's not a service provided to all customers :D

NTL_Sux
05-11-2006, 14:05
NTL sucks?
Really?

Zee
05-11-2006, 14:09
Just put up with it...

I had to for 4 months untill it was finally sorted, was getting bang-on 10Mbps. I'm now getting transfer rates of over 3MB/s which is great!

Its most prob your UBR is low on bandwidth wait till they upgrade it and your speed should go back to normal. You could ask someone here who works for ntl if they could be so nice to check if the problem is your UBR. They wont be able to sort it for you, but atleast you'll know the problem isn't on your side.

Rik
05-11-2006, 14:56
There are some extremely helpful people from NTL posting on this site, you will not engage their generosity by insulting them, imo ;)

Well Said!

There are some extremely helpful people on this forum.

Be nice and some *might* help you, now pick your dummy up off the floor! ;) ;)

stepp
06-11-2006, 19:18
NTL has always "sucked".....they are terrible in everyway

Bill C
06-11-2006, 19:25

And you just had to give us that very knowledgeable statement . :tu: for proving the Darwin awards have another candidate..

Ntl can be the Pits i am the first to agree. but just making bold statements without any info is as bad as those that continually complain on here but NEVER actually contact NTL to try and get it sorted. For those that do contact NTL at least you are helping others by letting NTL know there is a problem. I have had in the past some terrible connection problems and i have contacted tech support to get them sorted. If i had not i would still be here complaining and getting no further.

Scrubbs
06-11-2006, 19:28
That will be why they have more satisfied customers than not is it? :rolleyes:

Justy
06-11-2006, 20:50
That will be why they have more satisfied customers than not is it? :rolleyes:

Look guys and ladies. I can assure you that ntl does have more satisfied customers than it does unsatisfied and autho it might seem some times that ntl 'sucks'... it most certainly does not!

Unlike any other provider on the market ntl provides the best broadband service - award winning, a great television service, good telephone product(s) and now extremely cheap mobile calls thru virgin.

I'm on bttotalbroadband and continually experience problems with dropping connections, slow speeds and my internet connection drops every time i get a call - even tho I'm on broadband.. how does that work? AND... to top it all off I pay £29.99 for broadband (with download limits) and a further £11 for the line (which I wouldn't need with ntl).

It might be worth pointing out that I live outside of an ntl cabled area but work for ntl and would give my right arm to have ntl ;)

FusionXN1
07-11-2006, 05:55
I have been with NTL for only 2 months, It's a lot better then BT IMO. Have you spoken to anyone higher up at NTL? If not demand to and get some money back for your downtime, but i wouldn't say they suck.

Justy
07-11-2006, 13:49
I have been with NTL for only 2 months, It's a lot better then BT IMO. Have you spoken to anyone higher up at NTL? If not demand to and get some money back for your downtime, but i wouldn't say they suck.

Good call matey! ;)

inviroman
07-11-2006, 21:53
again on the phone to ntl and same old story every else wrong with my equipment but not with ntl network i have now had this fault for 3 weeks and have made 10 calls to ntl and still no result is there some one on here who works for ntl who can help resolve this issue i am on the verge of canceling all my ntl services £100 worth and go elswere shame as i have been with ntl for a long time but the customer service is worse than poor!!!!

Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:57:38 UTC

1st 512K took 7547 ms = 67.8 KB/sec, approx 559 Kbps, 0.55 Mbps
2nd 512K took 7062 ms = 72.5 KB/sec, approx 597 Kbps, 0.58 Mbps
3rd 512K took 8375 ms = 61.1 KB/sec, approx 503 Kbps, 0.49 Mbps
4th 512K took 6079 ms = 84.2 KB/sec, approx 694 Kbps, 0.68 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 588 Kbps, 0.57 Mbps

To repeat this test from the source server click here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.marsden/newspeedtest.html?1162936689000).

10 meg speed my dog can run faster!!

Graham M
07-11-2006, 22:13
Have you checked the speed on the admin page of your modem?

inviroman
07-11-2006, 22:56
Cable Modem Operation ConfigurationNetwork Access : AllowedMaximum Downstream Data Rate : 20480000Maximum Upstream Data Rate : 768000Maximum Upstream Channel Burst : 1600Maximum Number of CPEs : 1Modem Capability : Concatenation Enabled, Fragametation Enabled, PHS Disabled

info as requested

Tue, 7 Nov 2006 22:57:19 UTC

1st 512K took 2813 ms = 182 KB/sec, approx 1500 Kbps, 1.46 Mbps
2nd 512K took 2765 ms = 185.2 KB/sec, approx 1526 Kbps, 1.49 Mbps
3rd 512K took 2688 ms = 190.5 KB/sec, approx 1570 Kbps, 1.53 Mbps
4th 512K took 2531 ms = 202.3 KB/sec, approx 1667 Kbps, 1.63 Mbps

Overall Average Speed = approx 1566 Kbps, 1.53 Mbps

To repeat this test from the source server click here (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.marsden/newspeedtest.html?1162940250765).