PDA

View Full Version : Wayleave agreement

emlrdag
01-11-2006, 12:35
Hi,

We have NTL cabled in the street, and both my neighbours (no 5 and no 7) have NTL installed. We live at No 6.

Based on this, we thought it would be easy to get NTL, as we can not have Sky due to some large trees in the garden.

We live in the corner of a cul-de-sac and the cable point is 15metres from the house on the edge of the road.

NTL came out to install but said the only way to get the cable to the house was to go along the edge of number 7's garden, so they sent the Wayleave forms, but sadly my neighbour (no 7) will not agree to sign them as he does not want the hassle of them digging up this lawn and flowerbeds.

I phoned NTL to inform them of this and they said they could not provide the service then.

So I asked the other neightbour (no 5) if he would agree to NTL digging up the shared drive (something NTL said they do not like doing) and he reluctanly agreed to this. So I am getting him to sign the Wayleave agreement.

The question is are NTL likely to dig up 10m of tarmac drive to install the cable into my property. They have previously said they do not really like doing this as they are afraid of the liability they take if the drive subsides etc or more likely it's a cost issue.

If not - we will have to get Freeview........ :-(

lauzjp
01-11-2006, 12:48
omg, that's an unfortunate state of affairs isn't it... I'm not sure what ntl might or might not do, but I can't understand why they didn't cable the entire cul-de-sac at the same time?! :confused:

Red Robin
03-11-2006, 09:02
Hi
Can you tell me which town you are in please? Can't promise I can help, but if you are in a region where I know the installs manager, I MAY be able to ask him what the situation is... it's a small chance because I only look after a few franchises, but you never know.....

Chris
03-11-2006, 09:06
If Red Robin doesn't have any luck, you should talk to Sky again. I live in the middle of a forest and I can get it ok. Who told you you couldn't have it?

thelem
03-11-2006, 22:02
I can't see ntl agreeing to dig up and re-lay a tarmac drive - think how much that would cost them. If you've got a picture of the front of the three houses you could put up that would help us understand the problem better.

altis
03-11-2006, 22:48
Why don't you offer to dig up your neighbour's lawn yourself and lay in a length Alkathene pipe (blue, as used for mains water). Since you still have to live next door to them, your neighbour should understand that you'd do the job properly. Then all NTL have to do is pull their cable through.