PDA

View Full Version : Broadband Plus

cw876
01-11-2006, 01:37
Needing some help here. I've been NTL problem free for a while and had forgotten how frustrating it can be........

Signed up to Broadband Plus tonight since I've been on the 4mb service for a while and thought it was about time I signed up.

It seemed to accept my user name and password ok and took me to the main broadband plus page that you get after registering.

Problem is none of the links work for me. I've checked I have all the plug ins etc and that its all up to date but still no joy.

Searched the internet to see if others were having the same problems - found a couple of messages saying the same kind of thing but No real answer on how to fix it.

I've mailed tech, support at NTL but don't expect to get anything helpful back.

Since I've never used the broadband plus site before I shouldn't really care that I can't seem to use it now but I do...... it's really bugging me that I can't get it to work, and remembering that nothing ever seems straight forward with NTL

Can anyone help??????

Thanks
Catherine

Pia
01-11-2006, 01:40
Hi Catherine, :welcome: to the forums.

I had this problem also, when using Firefox- it seems that the NTL site that logs you in prefers Internet Explorer, but i found that the actual sites it redirects to render better in Firefox.

Which browser are you using?

cw876
01-11-2006, 02:16
Hi Pia

I'm using Internet Explorer - it's getting kinda late now but tomorrow i'll try using Firefox. Did you get it to work in the end????

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 ----------

Ok couldn't wait - will be knackered in the morning but had to try firefox to see if it worked.

Pia -.....thankyou! Broadband Plus is finally!! working. A couple of links wouldn't work and said they needed internet explorer but 80% is working and that's good enough for me

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catherine

utt
01-11-2006, 02:16
Are you using IE7 by any chance?

Pia
01-11-2006, 02:22
Yeah i did get it to work, although like you say you need to swap and change between them, i found it easier to use an extension for Firefox called IE Tab, lets you use both in Firefox.

Glad you got it 80% sorted though :D:tu: