PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed Please

Nutronic
31-10-2006, 12:59
I posted here (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33602096) about my problem with my connection. I had the service downgraded as I felt that may work...it didnt so im back on 4mb now. I sent the router back to Belkin who sent me an older one back, I know this because the version number is 1101uk and the one I sent them was 1103uk also the firmware on this router is F5D7235_UK_1.00.00 and the one we had when bought was 4.05.03 which is also the current one on the belkin website for UK residents. I didnt have to pay anything to have the router replaced which is good but the problem is still there. We both get disconnected, the missus uses the wireless and im connected to the router via the cable.

Now what I need to know is what can I do next, can I get a refund from Belkin or not? Also does anybody know what wireless router works perfectly with Blueyonder because as you know they are not the cheapest things to buy. It has to be wireless as I have 2 young kids running about so wires dont mix with them properly and the missus uses a wireless laptop to connect to the net. I used to use ICS via the ethernet card but again that means a wire has to be going across the house and also means that this machine has to be on for her to get online, which is a waste of electricity:D

I hope someone can help me as im getting rather frustrated paying £25 a month to telewest and not being able to use the net.

Toto
31-10-2006, 13:16
If the router is faulty, then yes you can get a refund from Belkin, however proving its faulty is another problem.

The disconnections you are getting, are they only on the wireless devices or wired to?

If wireless only have you tried changing channels that the router broadcasts on?

It may well be worth seeing if there is a forum dealing with Belkin router issues, try this (http://forums.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/forum_topics.asp?FID=4).

Nutronic
31-10-2006, 13:20
When the desktop pc is connected to the router via cable and the wireless laptop is connected we can browse for a while then the connection from the router stops. We get no problems when plugged directly from the modem, its just whenever the router is involved. Like I said belkin has replaced the router which arrived this morning but its actually older than the one I sent them back :(

Toto
31-10-2006, 13:22
When the desktop pc is connected to the router via cable and the wireless laptop is connected we can browse for a while then the connection from the router stops. We get no problems when plugged directly from the modem, its just whenever the router is involved. Like I said belkin has replaced the router which arrived this morning but its actually older than the one I sent them back :(

Then its a good old check all the settings ploy, that site I linked to you may help.

My router often caused me a problem when refreshing the DHCP lease to all my machines, so I wnet down the static IP route and turned off the routers internal DHCP server (Linksys), since then I rarely have to reset the router.

Nutronic
31-10-2006, 13:36
Ive tried resetting but that doesn't work it still says Internet Connection: No Connection hence why we originally thought it was a modem problem etc. Anyway I have gone through most settings but I dont like fiddling around with stuff I know nowt about just incase I make it worse lol!

Belkin Tech Support is also useless because they make you wiat for at least 20 minutes for them to answer and you get no call back, plus the tech on the other end is hard to understand and they dont seem to listen to what you say to them where as the customer services have an auto call back if you wait for a certain amount of time which in my opinion is ace they all speak english as a 1st language which makes life easier....but I doubt the customer services could help me now :(