PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Broadband Service (Padiham, Burnley)

dubaloo
30-10-2006, 17:54
Hi, you dont see much of me around here, I'm more of a reader, I've been lurking for a few yrs. Anyways, has anybody else in this area been having problems?..

My problems are very slow browsing for a 4mb service, most times it fails and downloads are timing out (The connection with the server was reset). This has been happening for around 3 days.. We called tech support about an hr ago and they gave us the usuall... reboot, have you a router, firewall etc, he said everything looks ok from his end, but the tech support guy Mohammed Rizul (hope thats right) blames the firewall and the router which now I have removed and the same is happening which i suspected.. Strangely it was ok this morning for about 3 hrs before it went kaput again after I downloaded the new NFS Carbon demo, which now I can't download a new graphics driver for!!

I have a couple of trace routes and pings also if u need a look, 73% loss to the BBC :Yikes:

Heeeeeeelp

ty

Druchii
30-10-2006, 18:24
Ring them up again, until you get someone who knows what they are on about. I had the same thing just yesterday, rang up twice, got an idiot first time round. And second time round a very knowledgable bloke who tried everything he could and even started talking to the networking dept. They claim not to have tweaked anything but my service suddenly got way better after a call to them.

It's worth it to try again mate.

Trix
01-11-2006, 07:19
Im getting the same mate, from Nelson.

The last week has not been too good but this morning is really bad for me.

Im gonna ask a few people i know in the area see how they are getting on, hopefully its just a area thing and it will be back to normal soon.

EDIT

Spoke to a few people in the area and there all getting the same problem so it is a area thing.

squirrel1970
01-11-2006, 07:42
Its not just confined to you. We're experiencing something thats interferring with internet access - there's a few sites we can get to... but not many. Some are slow loading. I first noticed this yesterday.

Simongc
01-11-2006, 08:24
Same problem here in Warwick. It's been like this for about the past 3 days.

TonyAEM
01-11-2006, 08:35
We may have the same problem here in South Manchester; some (and only some) web sites are not accessible e.g. www.dilbert.com. I'm no techie, but this may be a proxy problem; I'm on bagu-cache-4.server.ntli.net
Have powered off STB, Router, PC etc. No change. Everything was fine yesterday.