PDA

View Full Version : W00t! Upgraded

neoapple
27-10-2006, 14:41
So i phoned ntl today very nice people. I was on 1mb with a stb. They are now giving me a cable modem and 2mb speed. To be installed on the 7th nov morning. Also im getting a saving of £8.50 a month. So really i can now u se that saving to go to the 4mb package and i still get a saving! Of like £4 a month!

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

i just realised something how is this going to effect my router?

Toto
27-10-2006, 14:48
So i phoned ntl today very nice people. I was on 1mb with a stb. They are now giving me a cable modem and 2mb speed. To be installed on the 7th nov morning. Also im getting a saving of £8.50 a month. So really i can now u se that saving to go to the 4mb package and i still get a saving! Of like £4 a month!

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 ----------

i just realised something how is this going to effect my router?

It won't, your connection to your router will be the ethernet connection from your new modem. :)

Hope the install goes well....is it a self install kit, or is that date an engineer visit?

neoapple
27-10-2006, 14:50
got an engineer to come out and do it :) As all im worried about is hwo i would access the cable modem that was all.

PhilvRS
27-10-2006, 16:09
Whats the self install kit? I can't plan ahead too far to arrange a time for an engineer visit.

I'm still on 1mb with my pace stb, but its good enough for me so i haven't phoned CS yet.(if it aint broke, dont fix it! rule applies)