PDA

View Full Version : Sky+ Help

RICK69
27-10-2006, 03:52
When my SKY+ is recording if I try & watch another channel the sound breaks up on that channel.I have tried a full stystem reboot.Tried calling SKY but can never get thru on the tech line.Please help.

Paul1021
27-10-2006, 07:28
It might be worth checking you are getting a good signal on both feeds. However it could be a software issue and you might need to speak to Sky to check.( When the Sky + 160 boxes came out there was a software issue that caused the sound to drop out on certain channels). Your box might need a software upgrade.

NoKnowledge
27-10-2006, 15:15
I had the exact same problem and got a new SKY+ box for free.

Check the signals when nothing is recording (from SKY SERVICES > 4 SYSTEM SETUP > 6 SIGNAL TEST) then record something and wait until the problem starts then go into SKY SERVICES and go through the same options as above and one of the two Inputs SIGNAL QUALITY should have dipped.

Call SKY and tell them the problem, then they will tell you (depending if you're still in contract), you need to pay £65. You then tell them you wanna cancel SKY (I know you don't) because you can't afford £65. You will be put through SKY Cancellations Dept (really should be called SKY Retentions Dept) Tell them you cannot afford it and the Advisor will tell you, he/she can drop it half price. Say that's still too much and the advisor will go talk to her/his "manager" and then come back and say that the fee has been waived.

Tom Stanley
28-05-2007, 11:42
Is this an Amstrad box, as it sounds very similar to the issues with the sound skipping which many Amstrad and a few Pace owners have been experiencing?