PDA

View Full Version : NTL.Telewest STB/SACM BB.

pharrell
26-10-2006, 14:48
I keep reading everywhere people talking about signing up to NTL.Telewest and their bb being via their STB - I just wanted to clear things up, this is not the case anymore - NTL.Telewest do not provide bb through the STB for new installations and upgrades for existing customers, and this is purely due to the max connection a STB can deal with - The samsung box can at max, only deal with speeds of 5MB/s, where as the UK are moving forward, and in the next few years 10MB/20MB & even 50MB will be the norm - The SACM can deal with speeds upto 100MB/s, so it will be viable for the future. :)

Bula Bula
26-10-2006, 14:54
I keep reading everywhere people talking about signing up to NTL.Telewest and their bb being via their STB - I just wanted to clear things up, this is not the case anymore - NTL.Telewest do not provide bb through the STB for new installations and upgrades for existing customers, and this is purely due to the max connection a STB can deal with - The samsung box can at max, only deal with speeds of 5MB/s, where as the UK are moving forward, and in the next few years 10MB/20MB & even 50MB will be the norm - The SACM can deal with speeds upto 100MB/s, so it will be viable for the future. :)

The best Ambit can do is up to 43Mbps.

http://ambitbroadband.com/U10C018.datasheet.pdf