PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr

Jules
24-10-2006, 12:58
I am not too pleased with NTL at the moment what with the mobile phone problem and now this!

Yesterday at about 5 I lost my BB connection so I did all the usual rebooted etc but still nothing, so later on when there was still no connection I took the opportunity to change boxes round as the one downstairs was a Pace and the one upstairs a Samsung then I rang BB support to be told that my BB account had been canceled! and I needed to ring customer support (who by this stage were closed) So 9.30 this morning I rang them just to be told that there computers were not working properly and that they couldn't check for me and to phone back at lunch time!

So I phone back to be told nope your account has not been canceled and was transfered back to BB support, what a farce he spoke very poor English and could hardly understand a word I said so after a very frustrating 10 mins I was informed that there was a fault in my area and it would be back on at 8 tomorrow morning :shocked: I then tried to explain that I had changed my boxes around and now needed the BB through my Samsung and not my Pace box just to be told that it would all happen as if by magic :dozey:

I rang customer services back spoke to a lovely Welsh gentlemen who changed the info for the box I then rebooted registered my samsung box and low and behold I was back on line, so much for it not being back on till 8 tomorrow!

I know NTL outsource to Indian but surely one of the requirements should be that you can speak English and have some idea of what you are doing :confused:

Pia
24-10-2006, 13:29
You'd think so wouldn't you:erm:

lauzjp
24-10-2006, 14:24
I know NTL outsource to Indian but surely one of the requirements should be that you can speak English and have some idea of what you are doing :confused:

I hope all is well with your BB now... totally agree with you about the language issue - how about all people who work in customer-facing roles should have to speak understandable basic English? It drives me mad when I phone the local council (or the bank, etc.) and someone answers who talks in a plainly foreign tone that I cannot fathom... :grind: especially as I'm sitting there thinking - hellooooooo, I need a job, I can speak English and push buttons and type!? :(

Bill C
24-10-2006, 14:46
I am not too pleased with NTL at the moment what with the mobile phone problem and now this!

Yesterday at about 5 I lost my BB connection so I did all the usual rebooted etc but still nothing, so later on when there was still no connection I took the opportunity to change boxes round as the one downstairs was a Pace and the one upstairs a Samsung then I rang BB support to be told that my BB account had been canceled! and I needed to ring customer support (who by this stage were closed) So 9.30 this morning I rang them just to be told that there computers were not working properly and that they couldn't check for me and to phone back at lunch time!

So I phone back to be told nope your account has not been canceled and was transfered back to BB support, what a farce he spoke very poor English and could hardly understand a word I said so after a very frustrating 10 mins I was informed that there was a fault in my area and it would be back on at 8 tomorrow morning :shocked: I then tried to explain that I had changed my boxes around and now needed the BB through my Samsung and not my Pace box just to be told that it would all happen as if by magic :dozey:

I rang customer services back spoke to a lovely Welsh gentlemen who changed the info for the box I then rebooted registered my samsung box and low and behold I was back on line, so much for it not being back on till 8 tomorrow!

I tend to lose it very quickly when i am talking to call centres in other countries if they do not understand me. I pay a company for a service and expect to be able to talk to someone when needed, I would also like to be understood and not be repeating my self or teaching someone how to speak English.

I have moved from one company to another for that reason alone.

AndrewJ
24-10-2006, 14:52

Should've asked for either a taxi for a meal.

King Of Fools
24-10-2006, 15:37
I hope all is well with your BB now... totally agree with you about the language issue - how about all people who work in customer-facing roles should have to speak understandable basic English? It drives me mad when I phone the local council (or the bank, etc.) and someone answers who talks in a plainly foreign tone that I cannot fathom... :grind: especially as I'm sitting there thinking - hellooooooo, I need a job, I can speak English and push buttons and type!? :(
But would you be happy to work for £1.50 per hour?

lauzjp
24-10-2006, 16:34
I'm sure the people that work in call centres or 'customer service' in this country are getting NMW. And as long as I was getting working tax credit on top of my wages, I probably would work for £1.50 an hour! I've worked for less... (catering assistant in a golf club, and also data processing - both £1 an hour!) :p:

King Of Fools
24-10-2006, 19:57
I'm sure the people that work in call centres or 'customer service' in this country are getting NMW.
That is exactly the problem - because the call centre workers in the UK must be paid the NMW, companies are moving the call centres to much cheaper countries that do not have NMW or tax credit!

Wicked_and_Crazy
24-10-2006, 21:18

of course, assuming everthing is 100 times cheaper.

Dont just compare what is paid, compare what the money buys as well

Meatbag
25-10-2006, 09:08
Heh, i work for Sky Broadband tech support tier 2 and we get "colleagues" calling from the Philipines who supposedly do the initial troubleshooting. They are completely useless, they don't listen/understand anything you tell them. 90% of the time they're just trying to pass the customer off to me, unnecessarily.

I've had one NTL experience with their Indian centre. When i first got setup and ready to register, the registration servers were down. The guy on the phone said "It's very busy server, i can see people registering" At this point i knew he was full of it. The next time i called i got an honest guy who said the server was down....

Pretty soon these countries economies are going to improve and they're gonna have to explore other countries. Like Africa :disturbd: