PDA

View Full Version : Should I Upgrade from 4MB to 10MB?

Spitfire
23-10-2006, 20:14
It's £10 more and it'll run so much faster, I hope. :) Bascially, I use the computer and my son/wife uses the other computer. We have a router and well, we both like to download stuff at the same time so, it runs very slow. :mad: Should I upgrade? What's the download limit? :)

SnoopZ
23-10-2006, 20:20
You can download as much as you like just like other tiers. I'd give it ago and if you decide you don't want it or don't get the speed, just downgrade again. You can do this once every 30 days. :)

p.s Hows the k750i ? ;)

[edit]

If you decide you want to upgrade, you can do it from this link https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi-bin/cablecheck

10mbit is only a few mouse clicks away and it'll cost you £34.99. Your modem would normally reboot in seconds.

bopdude
23-10-2006, 20:20
Well IMHO, the £10 extra would be well spent, depending on what your downloading of course, the d/l limit is 'unlimited' within NTL's fair usage policy, that could be anything....lol, I've personally done about 100 gig in a month and know a person who has done twice that, of course, the 10 mb is only an 'up to' speed, you will get lower than 10mb on occasion and maybe frequently.

HTH

Paul K
23-10-2006, 20:29
Why not just agree to do your main downloading at night when you aren't using it and also agree to restrict your upload usage so that both PCs can download at a decent rate?
Unless you reaaaaally need to downloads gigs and gigs each day then just ask yourself if your "sources" are capable of maxing out your 10Mb connection.

Wicked_and_Crazy
23-10-2006, 21:39
How often do you max out your 4mb?

Aragorn
23-10-2006, 21:48
TBH, I could find better things to spend £10/month on ;)
Also you hear of many people complaining about only 5/6 Mb/s on the 10Mb service, but most 4Mb users get the full whack! Personally I'll stick with my 2Mb line, which really does give 2Mb when I need to download stuff!

mike24
28-10-2006, 05:39
TBH, I could find better things to spend £10/month on ;)
Also you hear of many people complaining about only 5/6 Mb/s on the 10Mb service, but most 4Mb users get the full whack! Personally I'll stick with my 2Mb line, which really does give 2Mb when I need to download stuff!
hi
Just remember NTL do not guarentee speeds:p:
michael

Toilet-Duck
28-10-2006, 09:25
Can you also downgrade online? Or do you have to ring them to downgrade?

UncleBooBoo
28-10-2006, 09:30
Can you also downgrade online? Or do you have to ring them to downgrade?

You have to call them to downgrade! :td: