PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from Sky + Multiroom to Sky HD

murkiespoons
23-10-2006, 18:27
I currently have sky + with multiroom, second box upstairs which is normal. So, quad lmb with double cable to downstairs sky+, and single cable to upstairs box.

I subscribe to sky movies, and few others in a package, and pay an extra £10 a month i think for multiroom.

I want to upgrade to sky HD, but i have a couple of queries...

Is it possible for me to swap the existing two boxes i have, as long as i run an additional cable from the lmb to the sky+ upstairs, leaving me with a spare cable downstairs, and then get the box downstiars upgraded from normal box to sky HD ( which i believe has the same functionality as sky + ? )

If this is possible, what would i get out of the new system ?

Could i record upstairs on the old sky +, but only on one line ? ( ie, not two channels at once, but everything else, record, rewind, pause live tv etc )

Secondly, can anyone advise me how much HD from sky costs ?

I tried to work it out from there website, but it appears you have to work out what channels you want, if you want sky +, hd, multiroom, factor in the average distance of earth from the moon today, multiply all that by your shoe size, and then add on a random number sky have just thought of :D

Any advice welcome ;)

Shaun
30-10-2006, 15:47
Sorry, missed this post last week.

If you move the Sky+ upstairs and run a second line you will be able to use it just as you can now. If you move it upstairs without an extra cable then you'll be able to rewind live TV but only record one channel and you'll get some weird messages if you try to use the EPG while recording a program. :)

We've got two Sky+ boxes (and a normal free sat one in the kitchen) running off an OctoLMB and it all works great. They only addition I'd like is the ability to share video from one box to another but I'm sure we'll get that eventually. :)